PlugUI is out for testing!

Arch Linux ARM announcements, news, and other important things are posted here.

Re: PlugUI is out for testing!

Postby hojnikb » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Ok i've figured how to set custom path for file browser;

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'Y')ou need to go to /opt/PlugUI/api/views.py and replace /media/ and /media with your own path.
+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ +°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~I ♥ my DockStar :oops:~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°++°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~
Linux = Be root
Windows = reboot

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~DockStar, Marvell CPU @ 1.2Ghz, 128MB RAM, 4GB rootfs + 160GB°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
hojnikb

Postby UrbanVoyeur » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:58 am

Plug UI will not start.

I tried to install plug UI and got this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/PlugUI/manage.py", line 43, in <module>
execute_manager(settings)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 438, in execute_manager
utility.execute()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 379, in execute
self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 261, in fetch_command
klass = load_command_class(app_name, subcommand)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 67, in load_command_class
module = import_module('%s.management.commands.%s' % (app_name, name))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/importlib.py", line 35, in import_module
__import__(name)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/commands/syncdb.py", line 7, in <module>
from django.core.management.sql import custom_sql_for_model, emit_post_sync_signal
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/sql.py", line 6, in <module>
from django.db import models
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from django.db.utils import ConnectionHandler, ConnectionRouter, load_backend, DEFAULT_DB_ALIAS, \
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 1, in <module>
import inspect
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/inspect.py", line 1020
"""Get the line number from a frame object, allowing for o
UrbanVoyeur

Postby Alaska » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:18 am

Thanks for PlugUI, great work and it is a great tool for me!
Will there be more configs for apps like vsftpd or so?
The conf file of vsftpd is not so tricka for me, but taking settings via PlugUi is more comfortable for me, i only have my Android phone with terminal to make modifications on my dockstar....my pc is at home, my dockstar is in my sleepingroom at the place where i work, and there i have no computer to make changes simple....PlugUI runs great in the Android browser....so a little bit more options would be a great gift for christmas ;)

bye
Alaska
Alaska

Postby mrsteveman1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 am

Hi guys, i'm cleaning up the git tree right now, lots of things were already fixed in that code and a new package is due soon.

The git version uses javascript page transitions, has an upgraded version of the media player (though the buttons look completely out of place at the moment, i'm working on those), and a bunch of other fixes.

If you see something that doesn't work or you want PlugUI to do something more than it does right now, open an issue on github, they remain open and i get emails for each one including comments and such.

I saw someone mentioned earlier in this thread they wanted a way to run commands, thats in the git code already (although its extremely basic right now).

If you want to run the newer code just uninstall the plugui package and follow the instructions on github.

https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PlugUI/issues
mrsteveman1

Postby mrsteveman1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:51 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Alaska', 'T')hanks for PlugUI, great work and it is a great tool for me!
Will there be more configs for apps like vsftpd or so?
The conf file of vsftpd is not so tricka for me, but taking settings via PlugUi is more comfortable for me, i only have my Android phone with terminal to make modifications on my dockstar....my pc is at home, my dockstar is in my sleepingroom at the place where i work, and there i have no computer to make changes simple....PlugUI runs great in the Android browser....so a little bit more options would be a great gift for christmas ;)

bye
Alaska

I'm focusing on the core functionality at the moment since 3rd party app configuration requires a fair bit of work for each app, but yea i'd like to add basic config for a bunch of apps.

I'm glad it works in Android, one thing i plan to do soon is convert the page layout to use an adaptive grid, so that it would sorta resize gracefully depending on the size of the screen and orientation you're using (like this: http://infincia.com, resize if you're on a desktop to see it flip around). That will probably make it a lot more useful since so many people use smartphones.
mrsteveman1

Postby stewils » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Great that this is still been developed. How exactly do i get the latest version from github as the one I''m running doesn't seem to stream or will the latest go to pacman soon?
stewils

Postby mrsteveman1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:17 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('stewils', 'G')reat that this is still been developed. How exactly do i get the latest version from github as the one I''m running doesn't seem to stream or will the latest go to pacman soon?

I'm working on getting a new package ready, but if you want to upgrade quicker you can:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/etc/rc.d/plugui stop
cd /opt/
rm -r PlugUI
git clone git://github.com/archlinuxarm/PlugUI.git
/etc/rc.d/plugui start')
mrsteveman1

Postby Alaska » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mrsteveman1', '
')
I'm working on getting a new package ready, but if you want to upgrade quicker you can:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/etc/rc.d/plugui stop
cd /opt/
rm -r PlugUI
git clone git://github.com/archlinuxarm/PlugUI.git
/etc/rc.d/plugui start')

This gives me always:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '-bash: /etc/rc.d/plugui: No such file or directory')

did i miss something!?
Alaska

Postby bonelifer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'rc.d start plugui')
bonelifer

Postby Alaska » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:05 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('bonelifer', '[')code]rc.d start plugui[/code]

Thank you, thats it! :)
Alaska

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements