[How-To] Odroid C2 Kodi on the Framebuffer.

Guides written by the community, for the community, and only guides!

Re: [How-To] Odroid C2 Kodi on the Framebuffer.

Postby janwil » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:19 am

Hi all,

I am trying to install Kodi on my C2, but makepekg gives me a conflict:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'looking for conflicting packages...
:: odroid-c2-libgl-fb and odroid-c2-libgl-x11 are in conflict (odroid-c2-libgl). Remove odroid-c2-libgl-x11? [y/N]')

And of course I can not remove odroid-c2-libgl-x11, since it is required by xf86-video-odroid-c2. So is the Framebuffer Kodi meant to use without X11? IS there a way to install both X11 and Kodi on C2?

Thanks,
Jan
janwil

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Yes, framebuffer is direct, and without X.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby rhg135 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:18 pm

This no longer builds, on a fresh install of arch it complains during the configure of no ffmpeg. So then I installed it and it still doesn't build, but now it errors in the compile. The build.log is attached.

EDIT: attached the build log

EDIT 2: I don't think the forum actually attached the post so here is a link to an xz compressed log.

EDIT 3: I feel like an idiot as when I was working on it for manjaro I was testing it using the mainline ffmpg and forgot to reset the checkout. :( But let's see if it builds now.

EDIT 4: Still fails exactly the same way, and I'm stumped.
rhg135

Postby hooey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:54 pm

As far as I know the package download and build a ffmpeg snapshot from the xbmc/ffmpeg repo, the "config_static_ffmpeg.patch" forces this behavior. So it should not matter whether you have ffmpeg installed in arch or the version of it. Somehow I did not see the compilation of ffmpeg in your build log. Are you sure your build is clean and none of the script is modifed?
hooey

Postby rhg135 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:33 pm

I am indeed an idiot; I git reset --hard and built again after removing src/ and it made a package. Which when installed brought to light how insufficient my power supply was and corrupted my sd in the process of many sudden power losses. Now I'm on my original Manjaro install with the power supply I used for my rpi, and I installed the packages and voila!
rhg135

Kodi 17?

Postby it9exm » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Could be possible to split the aml-libs and libgl from kodi itself in order to compile kodi 17? We need this as no binary addons are working on current build.
it9exm

Postby Sagittarius » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:29 pm

First thanks to the packager.

But just a little feedback on my C2 under Archlinuxarm:
1.- kodi-C2 with fb does not work with tvheadend client (tvheadend server is running also Archlinuxarm on a Dockstar)
2.- kodi-C2-fb does not handle 4K properly on my monitor. 1080p videos display on only 1/4 of the screen's surface (top left).

For information, kodi C2 with fb works perfectly on 4K with august Libreelec version here http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=22452 The vertical freq. is automatically adjusted to video framerates, and it's great.
Dockstar / GoFlexNet booting on NFS / Odroid C1+ / Odroid C2
Sagittarius

Previous

Return to Community Guides