Hardware Cryptography for Kirkwood

Guides written by the community, for the community, and only guides!

Re: Hardware Cryptography for Kirkwood

Postby kmihelich » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:02 am

Without cryptodev I know everything works fine for openvpn, I have that running for me on a Dockstar. I can saturate my outbound connections without breaking around 10% CPU, so I haven't migrated it to the new stuff.

openssl-cryptodev has been updated to 1.0.0h. The digests patch is no longer needed btw.
linux has been updated to 3.1.10-6 to include cryptodev 1.4.

Let me know how this works.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby moonman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:13 am

I compiled openssl 1.0.0h with cryptodev 1.4. I get the same error. Will check new kernel and new openssl later when plug is not in use :)
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby ruidc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:21 am

That was quick turnaround, yeah for timezones! :)

I admit i'm clutching at straws now, but I saw a few scattered reports of fixes to similar issues resolved with openssl 1.0.1 which is now in the arch repos.

Any chance of another version bump kevin?

If that doesn't work, we'll jump in on the cryptodev mailing list.
ruidc

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:25 pm

if openssl bumped, it will make its way in shortly.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby ruidc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 pm

I have posted to the cryptodev mailing list.

Also i noticed i was also getting the following during boot:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'udevd[70]: unknown key '"KERNEL' in /etc/udev/rules.d/99-cryptodev.rules:1')

...despite using the instructions on the first post in thread, any suggestions?
ruidc

Postby kmihelich » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:42 am

openssl-cryptodev is at 1.0.1 now.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby hatoarch » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 am

Sorry to bother, but is this also valid for Orion? I have a linkstation pro which uses marvell orion5x, with mv_cesa built into the kernel (vanilla one, 3.2.12, 3.0.25 and 2.6.38.8), it always report "alg: hash: Test 6 failed for mv-hmac-sha1" (wording may be different for different kernel version) during boot. I tried to search this on google, but it seems this only showed in the kernel log of other problems and no one else had really cared about this? Is there known bug for the cesa engine of orion?
And compiling of the cryptodev enabled openssl always fail at the test phase like firefoxPL mentioned.
Thanks.

Edit: I should have mentioned that the failed test was always "test 6", it not related to the kernel bug of "test 1" failure that could be seen on the web which had already be fixed.
hatoarch

Postby moonman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:48 am

Alright! 1.0.1 seems to have fixed the certificate problem
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby moonman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:51 am

Hmm, sorry to disappoint, it still fails. Doing it from my phone I did not get any errors. Now I tried it at home with my laptop and it fails... on both of my plugs.
EDIT: it seems intermittent. It only fails sometimes
moonman
Developer

Postby moonman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 am

I probably had to reboot... seems to be working ok so far :mrgreen:
moonman
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Community Guides