Raspberry Pi Zero with USB/LAN adapter issues

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

Raspberry Pi Zero with USB/LAN adapter issues

Postby sjoerd222888 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 am

I have a Raspberry Pi Zero and I setup the SD card like described here: https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv6/raspberry-pi. I wanted to connect a USB keyboard to it and attach a monitor through the HDMI mini port. The monitor works as expected but the USB keyboad does not. First I tried with a micro-USB to USB 2.0 Adapter (I tested it on my Android smartphone there it works) but the keyboad does not work. Then I ordered a special adapter, where I could also connect a LAN cable, this one here: https://secure.reichelt.com/ch/en/raspberry-pi-zero-network-converter-3-port-usb-hub-white-r-rpiz-multi-hub-p223619.html?CCOUNTRY=459&LANGUAGE=en. As this one is used quite often with Raspberry Pi Zero as I have read I hoped that would just work out of the box but it does not.

What do I need to do to get a USB adapter working? Also the LAN connection does nor work, would this work as soon as the adapter works or is there also something special required to get it working?
sjoerd222888

Re: Raspberry Pi Zero with USB/LAN adapter issues

Postby sjoerd222888 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:08 pm

In the mean time I tried with a second Raspberry Zero Device with the same result.
sjoerd222888

Postby summers » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Do you have a uart cable? If so what does it say on the serial port? Reminds my, my v6 RPi isn't booting at the moment - need to connect the uart, and see what is going on - if only I had time ...
summers

Postby sjoerd222888 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:16 pm

It works. The Pi's I have are already been soldered and put into a hull, and the label "power" on the hull was apparently wrong. Swapping power and adapter made everything work. It came only late to my mind that I could cross check this.

Thanks for the idea with the UART cable, but unfortunately I have none. But fortunately now I don't need it ;-).
sjoerd222888

Return to Raspberry Pi