Anyone received one yet?

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

Re: Anyone received one yet?

Postby kmihelich » Fri May 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Element 14 has probably been the absolute worst experience I've ever had with ordering online, and it was just for some specialty Molex connector parts (they were the only ones that had them in stock at the time). Placed an order, never got a confirmation email, checked the next day and my account said that it was back-ordered when they had 300+ units in stock. Got no response to emailing them, ended up calling a sales representative who informed me that it had actually shipped, and I was finally sent an order confirmation email and a separate email with tracking number. I asked him if it was standard procedure to wholly misrepresent and screw up order status online, he wouldn't give me a straight answer.

How a business can operate with this much dysfunction and incompetence is beyond me, nor can I understand how they got selected as a distributor for the RPi.. I know I'm not alone in these kinds of ordering issues with them. Anyway, just leaving this here as an example of how incredibly bad that company is even on stuff they have in stock and ready to ship. It's not just an RPi problem, they're just a hot mess.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby Arktronic » Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm

I was finally able to order from RS today, although £26.55 is a bit higher than I'd like to pay - especially since I'll be charged an extra exchange fee by my US credit card. But my RasPi should ship within seven business days :D
Arktronic

Postby Conn » Fri May 04, 2012 5:38 pm

What?!.. You just ordered and you're getting yours in a week???
I ordered mine 2 months ago (same day they opened for orders) and they say I'll get mine in late june!!!!

Conn
Conn

Postby Arktronic » Fri May 04, 2012 5:48 pm

No no, this is RS, it works differently from Farnell. I was able to order because I "registered interest" on the opening day, and they just now got to me in their ordering queue.
Arktronic

Postby pepedog » Sun May 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Just to let you know, I tried an openelec image for xbmc
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59321633/Raspbe ... -10855.zip
Once you dd'd the image, edit cmdline.txt file, get rid of text outside of quotes and the quotes themself. ie onlt keep text inside of quotes.
Haven't tried 1080, don't usually get them
Might replace my media tank (hdx1080) guts with a Pi.

Edit, This has cmdline.txt corrected now
pepedog
Developer

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi