Anyone received one yet?

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

Anyone received one yet?

Postby Conn » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello,

Has anyone received his/her Raspberry Pi yet? I've tried to order one for myself and one for a friend with a description that I was just ordering "the one" for myself but only one was queued for delivery. I'll receive mine by the end of April!

Anyone?

Cheers,
Conn
Conn

Re: Anyone received yet?

Postby hpglow » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:00 pm

No one has recieved thiers yet. The plant sub'ed the wrong eithernet connectors and they all had to be repaired. Check raspberrypi.org for details.
hpglow

Re: Anyone received one yet?

Postby Conn » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Yup. I've seen it now.
Duh!
Conn

Postby Philoo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:32 pm

announced shipping date : Apr 3.
Archlinux sd image downloaded and ready to go. Feels strange to see it like it is archlinuxarm supported but with so little activity here. I guess the raspberrypi forum attracted all the buzz and that it will ramp up when pple start actually having them on their bench.
Philoo

Postby pepedog » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:21 pm

About to release a newer version, kernel better than ever and firmware packaged up.
There will be still plenty to do, if something doesn't work on arch, it doesn't work on Debian or Fedora either.
pepedog
Developer

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:15 pm

@pepedog - Heh, very true :)

@Philoo - I personally know of at least 30 people that are getting RPi's as their first ARM machines.. some in major software package teams. Should be interesting.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby Philoo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm

@pepedog : Can't wait (well actually I can but don't quote me on that)

@WarHeadSE: I actually got my iconnect and pogo pro because I was too impatient for the release of the RPi. I just so wish I would not have been so cheap and got a Marvell pogoplug instead of the oxnas one. but hey I got to cross the bridge and compile my own kernel (or at least a kernel with my own selection of options, I'm not a real man yet I do not make my own drivers)
Philoo

Postby TheWalt » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am

I got my E02 to play with for also being too impatient. For those who are in the queue, I was reading today about some cases becoming available from ModMyPi. Personally, now that I have the Pogo to keep me occupied, I will most likely wait for round 2 purchasing which will include a case.
TheWalt

Postby Arktronic » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:38 pm

My Newark.com order still says the estimated ship date is March 30th. We'll see if that actually happens.
Arktronic

Postby hpglow » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:14 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Arktronic', 'M')y Newark.com order still says the estimated ship date is March 30th. We'll see if that actually happens.

Rumor is that a small batch are going to ship out this week.
hpglow

Next

Return to Raspberry Pi