emulators

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

emulators

Postby ewookie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 am

hi, was just wondering how well NES, SNES, genesis, etc. emulators run on the raspberry pi?
ewookie

Re: emulators

Postby hpglow » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:55 pm

One of the questions everyone is dying to know. But very few boards have been delivered yet, and I haven't seen anyone get Mame compiled, and the rest haven't been tried afaik. Since the first batch just got delevered to some brits I'm sure within the week we will know the answer to this question.

EDIT: There is one guy with a youtube vid running a spectrum emulator. But I have not seen any of the systems you are asking about.
hpglow

Postby Philoo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:25 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('hpglow', 'a')nd I haven't seen anyone get Mame compiled,

take a closer look http://hackaday.com/tag/raspberry-pi/. Granted this is on an emulated rPi, but the ground work is done and this most likely just a (whole lot of hours of) compilation away.

As fro the real piece of hardware, element 14 did not even update my estimated shipping date yet, so I *guess* that pple who received theirs are some sort of VIP's or priority orders.
Philoo

Postby shaurz » Sat May 05, 2012 5:44 pm

I've not had much luck so far.

nestopia runs very slow

fceux runs a bit faster, but I get no video (only audio)

snes9x does not display any video or audio

I tried compiling mame4all but the compiler ran out of memory. I'll have to try cross-compiling.
shaurz

Return to Raspberry Pi