After X Start, keyborad and mouse not working.

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

Re: After X Start, keyborad and mouse not working.

Postby pepedog » Sun May 20, 2012 11:35 pm

I read this here
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 125#p81233
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'H')i kubat!

I had the same problem but I created a new file in /etc/X11/xorg.d/10-xxxx.conf and put in the text:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
EndSection

Then my mouse nad keyboard started to work. The problem with this is that you are disabling udev for X. This results in that now hot-plugging is allowed in X.

So the problem is that udev is not loaded correctly. I will look in to this tomorrow and see if i can find a solution.
pepedog
Developer

Re: After X Start, keyborad and mouse not working.

Postby danhamilt1 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:23 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('pepedog', 'I') read this here
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 125#p81233
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'H')i kubat!

I had the same problem but I created a new file in /etc/X11/xorg.d/10-xxxx.conf and put in the text:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
EndSection

Then my mouse nad keyboard started to work. The problem with this is that you are disabling udev for X. This results in that now hot-plugging is allowed in X.

So the problem is that udev is not loaded correctly. I will look in to this tomorrow and see if i can find a solution.

I had tried this before. It enabled my keyboard to work but still had no luck with my mouse. I also added a Section for the keyboard and mouse.

I found it easier to just start again from scratch and update everything through pacman before playing with X. Picked up the mouse and keyboard first time this way.

I did notice that in the second "pacman -Syu" I performed that there was an update for udev. This then added more input devices into my "/dev/input" folder (with event0 & event1)

What files do you have in your "/dev/input"? First time I only had mice and mouse0. I think i did a "cat mouse0" and it was picking up mouse input, just not in X. If there is nothing you mind losing then I would just start from scratch and run the update twice.
danhamilt1

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi