Latest bootloader/firmware fails to boot

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

Latest bootloader/firmware fails to boot

Postby Dunc » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:32 pm

On rebooting with the 20150503 packages, I get...

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mmc0: Reset 0x2 never completed
mmc0: Reset 0x4 never completed
mmc0: timeout waiting for hardware interrupt')

...repeated endlessly. I realise that this is the sort of error that often comes with a dodgy SD card, but it's been fine up till now. I manually replaced the files in /boot with those from the previous 20150227 packages, and it works fine.

(Yes, I should probably have replaced the bootloader and firmware packages seperately, but I was in a hurry before going out.)

EDIT: Darn. Just realised you have a bugtracker. Anyway, I'll leave this here.
Dunc

Re: Latest bootloader/firmware fails to boot

Postby PLyttle » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:45 pm

It works fine over here.

You were in a hurry.... maybe you pulled the plug before it had finished installing?

LP
PLyttle

Postby hangten » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Dunc - I just loaded the 20150221 firmware and am getting the same mmco reset iterations on bootup. Never had this issue before. I have a model B. And, I did not rush the upgrade or reboot. I suspect the problem is related to the latest firmware. I will likely downgrade firmware and see what happens. I am wondering if something was required before upgrading to the new firmware?
hangten

Postby hangten » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Correction on my last post. The latest firmware upgrade was 20150322, not 20150221. 20150221 was working fine.
hangten

Postby hangten » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:34 pm

Yep....the firmware was downgraded and the pi booted with no problem.
hangten

Postby hangten » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:17 am

Being fairly new to forums, am wondering if I am going about this correctly. I went to github to look for related bugtracking with no success. Quite frankly, it's not clear to me how to find related issues except to google or search within github using key words.

I am certain the new firmware 20150322 is not working with my ARMv6h - Raspberry pi Model B. The older version 20150221 is working. Clock settings were restored to normal from overclock, but did not solve. Other system messages besides ones mentioned by Dunc include:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Internal clock never stabilized
Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt')

If I am going about this wrong way or in the wrong place, please let me know. Hopefully somebody is reading this.
hangten

Postby Zocky » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:36 am

I have the same problem... How can I downgrade? The system is stuck at the boot loop. No way to downgrade from the system itself. Is there another way?
Zocky

Postby hangten » Tue May 19, 2015 7:46 am

Just wondering.....if this got solved. I am having the exact same problem on two Model B pi's using different class 10 SD cards. Pi's are also different versions of Model B.

Had to downgrade the firmware-bootloader package to version 20150221 to get both working again. Newer versions cause a boot failure and the following repeated boot message.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mmc0 timed out waiting for hardware interrupt')

The distro being used is archlinux armv6l. I am blocking any upgrade on firmware-bootloader until solved. Very strange.
hangten

Postby pawelj84 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:49 pm

I had same issue on RPi 2 and latest Arch on Sandisk card, boot was stopping with error

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.')

I tried to use below dtoverlays in config.txt and it worked.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'dtoverlay=mmc
dtoverlay=sdhost ')

RPi 1 is also using Device Tree so it could work.
pawelj84

Return to Raspberry Pi