ProFTPD installation error

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

ProFTPD installation error

Postby liketechnik » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:38 pm

I tried to install ProFTPD from the AUR, but before the package is made, i got an error. Is there any possibilty to install it?

EDIT:
I now tried to install other packages from the AUR, but im still getting an error.
liketechnik

Re: ProFTPD installation error

Postby krabat » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:05 pm

AUR refers both to a repository of upstream Arch Linux and Arch Linux ARM.

The latter is just providing binary packages of some of the packages in upstream AUR. Obviously these should work on Arch Linux ARM. Otherwise it's a bug.

Upstream AUR is providing Arch Build System (ABS) files that are used to build binary packages locally.
Very often, these simply fail to build on ARM devices as the architecture isn't stated in PKGBUILD's arch variable. This applies to ProFTPD as well
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
arch=('x86_64' 'i686')
')Of course, the arch variable exists for a reason. Simply adding e. g. 'armv7h' doesn't make the software compile on ARM if it isn't suitable.

Regarding ProFTPD you may just try and build a binary package after changing the arch variable accordingly (unfortunately you didn't tell which device this is about).
If the binary package should work you may inform the AUR package maintainer and the arch variable can be adjusted in the AUR package.
krabat

Re: ProFTPD installation error

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:24 pm

makepkg has an awesome flag for that, -A
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to Raspberry Pi