Banana Pi static MAC address

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Allwinner SoC.

Banana Pi static MAC address

Postby Socke » Sat May 05, 2018 10:58 am

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to get Void LInux running on the Banana Pi and because of my great experiences with Arch, I'm adopting some things from it (e.g. some Kernel config stuff).

However, I noticed, that all my Arch Linux running Banana Pis have a constant (i.e. it does not change between reboots and seems to be device-unique) MAC address for the ethernet port. With my Void Linux efforts I'm currently not able to reproduce this behaviour, the MAC address changes there on every reboot (even when I'm booting the Arch Linux kernel).

I've read a little bit through the internet and found out, that this was an issue in the early days of the BPi but apparantly is solved now (since this is working on all 3 devices I'm running alarm on).

My question is: How have you achieved a constant MAC address? Where do I have to search?

Regards and thanks in advance
Socke
Socke

Re: Banana Pi static MAC address

Postby Socke » Sat May 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Oh, I figured it out, I accidentally had two different u-boot versions on the devices. The Arch Linux devices ran some 2015 Version which seemed to be good and the Void device was running 2017.05-rc2, which was apparently broken. The current 2018.03 version gave me a stable MAC address :)
Socke

Return to Allwinner