MELE A1000: How install LXDE ?

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Allwinner SoC.

MELE A1000: How install LXDE ?

Postby guillaumeb47 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Hello,

I buy a Mele A1000 this week and i would install lxde. I look for a tuto but i can't find it.

1) I do this: http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/mele-a100 , section Installation
2) I insert the sdcard into the Mele, and power it on
3) I connect to the Mele with SSH (login: root and passwd: root)
4) I configure the system:
- Write your hostname to /etc/hostname
- Symlink /etc/localtime to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Zone/SubZone.
- Set locale preferences in /etc/locale.conf.
- Add console keymap and font preferences in /etc/vconsole.conf
- Uncomment the selected locale in /etc/locale.gen and generate it with locale-gen

but i can't configure initial RAM disk with "mkinitcpio -p linux" and I don't know why ?

5) I change the root passwd
6) I update the system with:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman-Syu
pacman -S sunxi-tools')
7)I reboot the system
8) I install xorg, drivers video, lxde and slim
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S xorg-server xorg-xinit xorg-server-utils
pacman -S xf86-video-fbdev
pacman -S lxde
pacman -S slim')

My problems are:
- when i do "lsmod" the response is empty. Why ?
- i don't know if i must use rc.conf or systemd to load modules like hdmi, lcd,ump,disp,...

Are you many url to do a complete installation like:
- https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_Guide
- https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners%27_Guide/Extra

Thank you in advance for the response :)
guillaumeb47

Re: MELE A1000: How install LXDE ?

Postby xenoxaos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:45 pm

You can't do anything with the initrd because we don't use one. As to systemd vs. rc.conf...I think the mele is still on rc.conf stuff.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
xenoxaos
Developer

Postby guillaumeb47 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:35 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('xenoxaos', 'Y')ou can't do anything with the initrd because we don't use one. As to systemd vs. rc.conf...I think the mele is still on rc.conf stuff.

Thanks for the response.
How load modules at init? :?
Thanks
guillaumeb47

Postby guillaumeb47 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:42 am

It's ok, LXDE works :D
I found the problem.
After updating the system with "pacman -Syu" the files /boot/uImage on /dev/sdx2 are different than uImage on /dev/sdx1.
I replaced the uImage on the first partition by uImage on second partition and it's works.
After that my modules load :D

Now i have another problem. I would install xbmc but i need xserver-video-mali (i think)

I found this: http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/Compile_X11_driver_for_A10/ but it doesn't work :(
When i do:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', './configure --prefix=/usr --x-includes=/usr/include --x-libraries=/usr/lib')

I have the message: :evil:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'checking if XV is defined... no
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto ) were not met:

No package 'xorg-server' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.')

How compile mali driver on archlinux?
guillaumeb47

Postby pepedog » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:13 am

Install xorg-server-devel too
This is one of the very few packages that doesn't contain the devel files as well
pepedog
Developer

Postby guillaumeb47 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('pepedog', 'I')nstall xorg-server-devel too
This is one of the very few packages that doesn't contain the devel files as well

Thanks, you are right ;) but i have a new error message:

1) I download Pre-compiled mali opengl library at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65312725/mali_opengl_hf_lib.tgz and i put the library in /usr/lib
2) I download the ump userspace driver source code from http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-resources/drivers/open-source-mali-gpus-ump-user-space-drivers-source-code.php.
I copy the contents of the include/ump/ directory to /usr/include/ump.
3) I download the xserver-video-mali from http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-resources/drivers/open-source-mali-gpus-linux-exadri2-and-x11-display-drivers.php
I build the x driver in xf86-video-mali-0.0.1 folder on A10 with the following command:

LDFLAGS="-L/lib -lMali -lUMP -lpthread"
./configure --prefix=/usr --x-includes=/usr/include --x-libraries=/usr/lib
make --> ERROR :evil:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@meleA1000 xf86-video-mali-0.0.1]# make
make all-recursive
make[1] : on entre dans le répertoire « /root/linux_exa_DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/x11/xf86-video-mali-0.0.1 »
Making all in src
make[2] : on entre dans le répertoire « /root/linux_exa_DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/x11/xf86-video-mali-0.0.1/src »
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -fvisibility=hidden -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/X11/dri -I/usr/include/libdrm -g -O2 -MT mali_fbdev.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mali_fbdev.Tpo -c -o mali_fbdev.lo mali_fbdev.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -fvisibility=hidden -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/X11/dri -I/usr/include/libdrm -g -O2 -MT mali_fbdev.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mali_fbdev.Tpo -c mali_fbdev.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mali_fbdev.o
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliHWSwitchModeWeak’:
mali_fbdev.c:649:52: attention : return from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliHWAdjustFrameWeak’:
mali_fbdev.c:650:52: attention : return from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliHWEnterVTWeak’:
mali_fbdev.c:651:44: attention : return from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliHWLeaveVTWeak’:
mali_fbdev.c:652:44: attention : return from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliHWValidModeWeak’:
mali_fbdev.c:653:48: attention : return from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliProbe’:
mali_fbdev.c:675:7: attention : assignment discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c:690:26: attention : assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliPreInit’:
mali_fbdev.c:915:2: attention : passing argument 2 of ‘MaliHWInit’ discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c:707:6: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘const char *’
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliScreenInit’:
mali_fbdev.c:1193:23: attention : assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c: In function ‘MaliCloseScreen’:
mali_fbdev.c:1219:2: attention : passing argument 1 of ‘pScreen->CloseScreen’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
mali_fbdev.c:1219:2: note: expected ‘ScreenPtr’ but argument is of type ‘int’
mali_fbdev.c:1219:2: erreur: too many arguments to function ‘pScreen->CloseScreen’
make[2]: *** [mali_fbdev.lo] Erreur 1
make[2] : on quitte le répertoire « /root/linux_exa_DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/x11/xf86-video-mali-0.0.1/src »
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1] : on quitte le répertoire « /root/linux_exa_DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/DX910-SW-99003-r2p4-02rel1/x11/xf86-video-mali-0.0.1 »
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
')

I don't understand this error :( . Could you help me please ? :mrgreen:
Is somebody has already compiled the mali driver?

Thanks in advance
guillaumeb47

Postby pepedog » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 pm

I got a feeling this isn't patched for xorg 1.13
This is also known as eabi13
If this is the case then new source, or patch required

The point is someone in the community figures it out, tells us how, then it can be packaged
pepedog
Developer

Postby adam900710 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:25 am

I succeeded in compiling the xf86-video-mali.
http://pastebin.com/YvcdaVnf

But the problem is if i use the xorg.conf in mali,
the X refused to start because the driver can not get to be the master drm device.
So now I can only use fbdev or disable the DRI options.
The root problem seems to be the missing /dev/dri directory and "card0" "control64" char device node in the directory....

For the compiling problem, it seems that your mali source is somewhat too old?
I am using the r3p0 version and the mali driver on github which can *pass* the compiling.
http://linux-sunxi.org/Mali400
adam900710

Return to Allwinner