Install to Cubieboard4 possible?

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Allwinner SoC.

Install to Cubieboard4 possible?

Postby poincare » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Hello arch on arm peoples,

I see that cubieboard1/2/3 & truck are supported by Arch Arm. I've searched the regular and arm-based arch wiki and also these forums and can't seem to find any references. I'm wondering if there is some way to install arch arm linux on the cubieboard4? I see from the arch wiki that there is u-boot supported up to cubieboard3 (truck) but there doesn't seem to be cubieboard4 support. I think cubietech has linux binaries or installation tools for u-boot firmwares. If I am to install arch arm on my cubieboard4 is it best just to follow the cubieboard3(truck) instructions in the platforms > allwinner > cubieboard > install section?

Or, is there anyone out there with a cubieboard4 that has successfully installed arch arm?

Thanks!
poincare

Re: Install to Cubieboard4 possible?

Postby quantum » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi poincare,

Have you been successful in installing arch linux on cubieboard4? I just received mine and also would like to install it. Please let me know if you succeeded. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thank you!
quantum

Postby marvec » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Hello,

I also wonder if there has been any progress on this. I have cc-a80 and I am wishing to give my hand to help move this forward. I would need just some initial kick. How are the images made? Do you think that replacing some parts of the Cubieboard 2 stuff with kernel from here https://github.com/cubieboard for example would do the magic?

Thanks,
Martin
marvec

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:36 pm

We don't make images anymore. The tarballs are basically just pacstrap & mkarchroot, maybe a few files dropped in (like enabling sshd, and systemd-networkd)
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby poincare » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:43 pm

I still have a cubieboard4 but I gave up on this because the forum and community support for ArchLinux-ARM on this board is sooo terrible. And, the attitude of people who respond to questions is very condescending and treats the person asking questions with a lot of hostility.
poincare

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Okay...
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby marvec » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:27 pm

So the question stands differently now. I can basically take some parts from here and some parts from Cubieboard team. However, I do not have any clue which ones from where. Cubieboard has their own built u-boot for cc-a80. I am just aiming for booting from a SD card now. What I don't know is how to build the particular Kernel - I suppose I would start with ArchLinux sources and put in configuration files from cc-a80. Do you have an idea which ones? Or how to do that? I can do some stuff, but I really do not know how this is supposed to work. At least an overview of what I should be looking for. Thanks!
marvec

Return to Allwinner