[solved] Cubieboard Uboot - kernel linux-armv7

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Allwinner SoC.

[solved] Cubieboard Uboot - kernel linux-armv7

Postby toketin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi, after installing ArchlinuxArm on my Cubieboard I can't install the uboot-cubieboard package needed to install the alternative kernel linux-armv7, because i would like to replace the linux-sun4i due to a problem with Minidlna that doesn't update its db.
This is the output of pacman:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'e')rror: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
uboot-cubieboard: /boot/script.bin exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

P.s. the ArchlinuxArm tarball should be corrected because it contains an old /etc/fstab with a /boot line that has to be deleted in order to make the system working after the new SD installation. Thanks to the user who found it some days ago: http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8485
Last edited by toketin on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toketin

Re: Cubieboard Uboot - kernel linux-armv7

Postby sehraf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:43 am

did you try to read the error message? :D

it says that there are "conflicting files" and that "/boot/script.bin exists in filesystem".
The problem is that uboot-cubieboard wants to install it's own version of /boot/script.bin but since this file already exists pacman doesn't know what to do ;)
To fix this remove /boot/script.bin $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# mv /boot/script.bin /boot/script.bin.old')
sehraf

Re: Cubieboard Uboot - kernel linux-armv7

Postby toketin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks sehraf i didn't think this!
Maybe this command should be added in the guide in order to make easy to the user to fix the trouble :D
toketin

Return to Allwinner