kodi-peripheral-joystick PKGBUILD

Make a PKGBUILD? Submit it here for user review and possible placement into the repository.

kodi-peripheral-joystick PKGBUILD

Postby mcarni » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:32 pm

Guys,

i made a PKGBUILD for kodi-peripheral-joystick which is necessary to be able to use a joystick in Kodi.

I was about to try to upload it on the AUR when i realised that the package requires kodi-rpi which probably makes it more suitable for arm only...

i have been testing it and it works fine, no issue whatsoever...

it is my first time making and uploading PKGBUILD's, please let me know if there is anything that needs changing (or if AUR is a better place..)

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# Maintainer: mcarni <michele DOT carnaghi AT googlemail DOT com>

pkgname=kodi-peripheral-joystick
pkgver=20.1.0
_codename=Nexus
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="This add-on provides joystick drivers and button mapping services for Kodi. It uses the Peripheral API added to Kodi as part of PR 8807"
arch=('armv7h' 'aarch64')
url="https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick"
license=('GPL2')
groups=('kodi-addons' 'kodi-peripheral')
makedepends=('cmake' 'kodi-dev' 'tinyxml')
options=(!lto debug)
source=("$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz::https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick/archive/refs/tags/$pkgver-$_codename.tar.gz")
sha512sums=('c5016f74bee316e5b25686420125397cb1840de72be4e9a11390a1338ad920b93d2e8cf36e845feb82aba826a425152dcb621a9ef1b6aea6259d9423283957d9')

build() {
cd "peripheral.joystick-$pkgver-$_codename"
cmake \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=1 \
-DUSE_LTO=1 \
make
}

package() {
depends=('kodi-rpi' 'tinyxml')
cd "peripheral.joystick-$pkgver-$_codename"
make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
}

')

I made also some PKGBUILD's for some of the libretro cores and kodi addons that play such cores
I will improve them too and try to upload them to AUR, these don't depend on kodi-rpi...

hope this might help others...

thanks and let me know
M
mcarni

Return to User-Submitted Packages