ffmpeg Daemon

Make a PKGBUILD? Submit it here for user review and possible placement into the repository.

Re: ffmpeg Daemon

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:24 pm

At the moment a major issue is anything doing FP calculations. FLAC is integer math, so that works perfectly, but the compression is not something you are going to get good performance on, and not everything supports it. If someone can find a way to get shine fixed-point mp3 into ffmpeg, all the more power.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby dinjo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 am

Audio source is AC3 only and i do a copy video codec and convert ac3 to aac and then mux it, i tried to mp3 too same performance.
45 min series took me more than 3.5 hours :lol:

Anyone who has swap can confirm the conversion please

This is what i use its wrapped in shell script which when download completes looks at audio codec using mediainfo and converts if needed.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ffmpeg -i Input.avi -vcodec copy -acodec libmp3lame -ab 160k -ac 2 -vol 1024 output.avi')
dinjo

Postby slycat » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Is this something to stream movies to an Xbox360 using minidlna? I remember doing something similar to what you are doing for some movies I had to stream to mines, but I had a couple of 120+ minute movies take nearly 9 hours to complete the process (single threaded, 4gb swapon). I eventually gave up and just watched movies from my laptop and phone, too much work/hassle for the xbox.
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Postby dinjo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:33 am

Yes but I use tablet to watch movies if you are stucked at 4gb limit then just get video which is 360 compatible I.e less than 4gb I hhave lot of them and quality is very good
dinjo

Previous

Return to User-Submitted Packages