FatRat Beta 2 for Pogoplug Pro/Video/v3

Make a PKGBUILD? Submit it here for user review and possible placement into the repository.

FatRat Beta 2 for Pogoplug Pro/Video/v3

Postby DevineMe » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:05 am

Built FatRat Beta for the Pogoplug P21 (Pro/Video/v3)yesterday and took forever.

FatRat in Repo is listed as
armv7 community fatrat 1.2.0_beta2-1

making this..
armv6 community fatrat 1.2.0_beta2-1

link removed till rebuilt

Application is very cool. I tested it with torrents and regular downloads. Beta app is a bit touchy but works well.

Requires java and although it was built with openjdk6, you can install oracles java for arm and relieve some issues.
I use ejre-7u6-fcs-b24-linux-arm-sflt-headless-10_aug_2012.tar.gz on the Pogo P21.

(note: http ssl generation not current working correctly, use a premade .pem file)

Prereqs : pacman -S openssl sed libtorrent

You have to make required symlinks because libraries v49 was replace by v50

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ln -s /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.50.1 /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.49
ln -s /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.50.1 /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.49
ln -s /usr/lib/libicudata.so.50.1 /usr/lib/libicudata.so.49')

#Config the app for web interface

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'fatrat-conf -w remote/enable=true remote/port=2233 remote/password=yourpasswd -n')

#Start headless and deamonize
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'fatrat -n -d')

Final notes, the main GUI is available from the lxde vncserver session (if installed). You will
need to know this because FatRat is not entirely configurable from the webgui.

Welp thats as far as I got with the time spent on it. What's needed is a java XML-RPC redirector client for
firefox's Flashgot extension. That way, Firefox on windows could redirect download requests to the
mini NAS. Will look at this when I have time, which I currently do not.
Last edited by DevineMe on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DevineMe

Re: FatRat Beta 2 for Pogoplug Pro/Video/v3

Postby xenoxaos » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 am

Pretty much fatrat needs to be rebuilt against the newest ciu libs. Fatrat is blocked by pion-net which fails because source code for pion has been moved to github.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
xenoxaos
Developer

Re: FatRat Beta 2 for Pogoplug Pro/Video/v3

Postby DevineMe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:11 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('xenoxaos', '.')..needs to be rebuilt against the newest ciu libs. Fatrat is blocked by pion-net ...

Status update.
I'm blocked myself. I updated my abs, copied sources to build dir and cant get a successful lib build of pion-net.
Hmm, here's what I tried.

* Got pion lib off git via zip. Can build it. Does not contain pion-net (so I think).
( Git retrieves a publickey that won't let me retrieve and cloudmeter's github repository. :shock: )

* PKGBUILD pulls non working source from tarball for pion-net. Failed check.

* I also tried locating locating required sources in other build archives to no avail.

So... until I can figure out where to get what I need to build, v6 fatrat is on ice for the moment. :(

However, I have personally moved on to ARIA2 which provides much of the same download services as
fatrat with less resources, more responsiveness and is available on all AL installs. Web interface was super easy to setup as a simple Apache website. ARIA2 has been flat out stable with no crashes thus far. I have began work on a JAVA RPC client for Firefox, which I have been able to get ARIA2 to DL files from my windows machine. Problem I'm having with the RPC is custom data types used by ARIA2. Should have that resolved shortly, when I do it'll be in a discussion forum not here.
DevineMe

Return to User-Submitted Packages