DownloadDaemon 1.1

Make a PKGBUILD? Submit it here for user review and possible placement into the repository.

Re: DownloadDaemon 1.1

Postby dan64 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:01 pm

which package ?
dan64

Postby dinjo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am

hey i meant the downloaddaemon , i tried again by re-installing base-devel and kernel headers and this time install went through well.

Whats the command to start the GUI
dinjo

Postby dan64 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 pm

The program install only the daemon, the shell should be located in /etc/init.d (see please the first post), recently I have changed the PKGBUILD and now the shell to start the server should be located in /etc/rc.d.

The easy way to use the client is to install the windows version "ddclient-gui-1227_win32" : see the first post for the link.

There is also a php client that you can find using this link: ddclient-php-nightly-1242.tar.gz
dan64

Postby dinjo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 am

Does this support resume downloads in case where internet connection is lost ?
dinjo

Postby dan64 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('dinjo', 'D')oes this support resume downloads in case where internet connection is lost ?

DownloadDaemon support the following features

- Automatic Reconnects to Bypass IP-Based Bandwidth-Limits
- Alternating Download-proxys to bypass Bandwidth-limits
- Ability to precheck all links for their size and availability before downloading

If after resuming the connectiomn start from beginning or continue from last download it depends on the hoster used.
dan64

Postby dinjo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:37 am

Ok let me make it simple say its mediafire which supports resume but as in case with pyload a disconnection cause the download to start from scratch and not resume, can you test downloading a mediafire and mid of it disconnect the router and start router again want to see from where would the download start will it resume or from start, thanks for your time
dinjo

Postby dan64 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:40 pm

dinjo,
it's better that you try by yourself, in this way you are free to do any kind of test. If you think that the application need to be improved you can ask to the developer forum: http://sourceforge.net/projects/downloaddaemon/forums.

Regards,
dan64

Postby dinjo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 am

Ok I tried and was finally able to get it running here are my thoughts

Captcha didn't worked not sure whether something is required to be installed if yes it should have been part of install instructions

Download speed seems capped to me as i was not able to max my speed

Download does not resume when internet goes off no matter what type of reconnect you choose.

dan,
If you can work on sorting these it would be a great piece of software
dinjo

Postby dan64 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 pm

dinjo,

to handle the captcha you have to insta gocr, see: http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=701&start=30#p4582.

for my need the application is fine even if is not perfect. As you know using a premium account all the limitation of free accounts are removed and is nice to have a downloader running on ARM instead of using a PC for this simple (but time consuming) task. The hosters that I know doesn't provide a client running on this platform. Using the free account is not expensive but you have to be happy with the limitations. If you think that there are bugs or that the application need to be improved you should post in the developer forum not here. I have provided the compiled application only because some people had problem to compile the package.

Regards,
dan64

Postby pepedog » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Sorry, I don't user this downlader, if I wanted a download that took some time, I would install screen, run a screen session and wget if I had too. You can then disconnect.
Doesn't help if captcha is needed though
pepedog
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to User-Submitted Packages