Script for ArchlinuxARM on RockChip (currently only RK3288)

This is for any ARMv7 device that we do not officially support.

Script for ArchlinuxARM on RockChip (currently only RK3288)

Postby ericwoud » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:19 am

I've made a script that builds an SD card for RockChip devices (currently only RK3288).

https://github.com/ericwoud/buildRKarch

It basically installs and configures all necessary packages.

RockChip specific package in the AUR is rk3288-uboot . It is build for the following devices. evb firefly miqi openhour phycore popmetal rock-pi-n8 vyasa tinker tinker-s

I only own an Openhour Chameleon, so this and Miqi are the only ones tested. Changes to mainline are minimal, so I assume the others will work as well. I would appreceate to hear from users if it does or does not work.

It optionally installs gnome (graphene needs neon disabled), FFmpeg and Kodi, in the postinstall script.

The Kodi package is entirely build without internal libraries.

Run Kodi in standalone mode or run gnome.

FFmpeg is build from the same source as FFmpeg for Kodi on LibreElec. It supports HW decoding on many RockChip socs, not only rk3288. Only needs mainline kernel. It is installed with package ffmpeg-v4l2-request-git from the AUR.

The packages are pre-build available in my repo, the script takes care of installing it.

Enjoy
ericwoud

Re: Script for ArchlinuxARM on RockChip (currently only RK32

Postby tmx » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:52 am

Awesome! It worked like a charm. Thanks.
tmx

Postby ericwoud » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:54 am

Great! Which board are you using? If it is a previously untested one, I can add it to the list of tested devices.
ericwoud

Postby PastaHenk » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Wow, this looks very promising! I've had a couple of OpenHour Chameleons laying around gathering dust, but this could make them useful again.

I'm having a very weird issue however. I received the Chameleons without anything on the SD cards. I did manage to find 2 images for them. A Lubuntu image running kernel 3.10 and an Android image. Android 4.4 I believe.
I've created SD cards from them, and they boot. However if I inspect the cards with GParted or fdisk it will tell me it's unallocated and there is no partition table. Even in the Lubuntu booted on the Chameleon.

The issue is that when I run the script, it doesn't recognize the SD, because it looks like it doesn't have any partitions.

Does anyone here know of a way I could still get this to work?
I'd really like to run a newer kernel on these devices.
PastaHenk

Return to Community Supported