Device-tree improvements

This is for any ARMv7 device that we do not officially support.

Re: Device-tree improvements

Postby lategoodbye » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:20 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', '
')Didn't realise that you also have a tinker board ...

No, no. I was refering to the TheSaint's logs. Which kernel config are you using?
lategoodbye

Postby summers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:02 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('TheSaint', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('summers', 'T')heSaint - the patch will only apply against a 4.20 or later kernel

Another case is when WiFi is used as AP, which cause disorder with the 80211 module, I suspect that also needs a particular hardware condition, to make work.

Over breakfast I noticed https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/staging/rtl8723bs/TODO - looks like the current staging rtl8723bs driver doesn't integrated with 80211, which may explain the problem. I know there have been plans to move these rtl drivers out of staging, problem is they need some work, and integrating into the way mainline works ...
summers

Postby summers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:04 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('lategoodbye', 'W')hich kernel config are you using?

I just make sure that rk3288 is enabled in the armv7 cores supported then do $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'make dtbs') which is enough to compile the relevant dtb.
summers

Postby lategoodbye » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:16 pm

My intention to ask about the kernel config was about "Are all necessary drivers enabled?".

Btw i updated my devicetree patch.

The following outputs on the Tinkerboard (require root permission and DEBUGFS enabled) could be helpful (maybe some adjustments of the pathes are necessary, hoping you get the idea):
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
grep "" /sys/kernel/debug/mmc*/ios
cat /sys/kernel/debug/pm_genpd/pm_genpd_summary
cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio
cat /sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/*/pinmux-pins
cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/clk_summary
')
lategoodbye

Postby summers » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Ta - I check that against mine, and also compare carefully with the asus patch, this weekend. Note I'm editing the rk3288-tinker.dtsi file, as wi-fi is for both TB and TBS. I'll try and do a patch for that - so you can see what I've done, and if I've copied something wrong.
summers

Postby summers » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:15 pm

@TheSaint

OK some more dtb to try here: http://davidjohnsummers.uk/TBSnew2.tar.gz it won't enable bluetooth, but stands a chance on wi-fi.

lgb2 is his new patch
lgb3 is me adding some more things from the asus patch
djs2 is me simplifying power supplies a bit

All contain the bluetooth device tree - and I'm minded to submit it as a hardware description, even though there is currently no kernel module that will work with bluetooth.
summers

Postby TheSaint » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am

Back from a Chinese new year celebrations (wife relatives), I'll get hands on soon.
If I haven't reported, last time I used broken-cd enabled, otherwise it still cause a lot of debug messages, when not enabled.
TheSaint

Postby summers » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:50 pm

I havn'r added broken-cd to the device tree posted. However yesterday continued working on the device tree to make it more compatible with the mainline, and also added broken-cd. So the device tree posted will give you the sd card errors, but if one or more enable wi-fi then I'll quickly do a run with all changes to be posted to mainline, including broken-cd.
summers

Postby summers » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 pm

And as a sideline from the usual chatter - I havn't broken my Gaggia Classic! It stopped working a few weeks ago - so no lights lit up when powered. I opened it up this afternoon, cleaned everything up. Couldn't see anything burnt out, so plugged it in to follow where power went to - and hey presto lights came on! So cleaning up must have cleared a bad connection.

Took a bit to get water back into the pump again, but all seem function again. So proper coffee again tomorrow.

Was just working out what value I got out of it. Bought 5 years ago, and used every day. So 1500 coffee, so only 10p or so for each coffee. Hassle is a replacement would be £500+ ...
summers

Postby TheSaint » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 am

In the attached file you will find the reports.
The lgb2 dtb didn't work and didn't attach the wifi module.
The lgb3 I felt was a little bit faster to boot the kernel.
Attachments
report.7z
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 1223 times
TheSaint

PreviousNext

Return to Community Supported