Install Arch on RK3066 device

This is for any ARMv7 device that we do not officially support.

Install Arch on RK3066 device

Postby smopro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:07 am

I have android tv box - board inside marked as CX-818, google saying that may be is DNS T-818, xtouch XTV01, stb902b. How I can install Archlinux? Sorry 4 my bad English - this is not my language :oops:
smopro

Re: Install Arch on RK3066 device

Postby summers » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:52 am

AFAIK that board isn't officially supported, so this makes the general route:
    Understand the boot sequence, and modify to typically use uboot in arch
    Create a file system with the appropriate architecture
    Boot using it, and see what doesn't work, then typically submit kernel patches for none functioning areas
Needless to say, this is quite involved, and probably something you should only try if you are an expert.
summers

Re: Install Arch on RK3066 device

Postby summers » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Bit more search, its android based, so the bootloader will be some android set up. Alas I don't know about this, they don't use uboot, which is a pity as you could boot of USB otherwise.

You'll probably also have to connect the CPU UART, there doesn't seem any documentation on this, so you'll be on your own, there are three rather obvious pads on the board, which would be a good thing to test. If you aren't comfortable testing and setting up the uart, this probably isn't a project for you.

See if anyone else here knows more about the android bootloader, e.g. if there is a way into that ...

looks like a 4GB flash chip on there - which is enough for an arch install.
summers

Return to Community Supported