Installed arch by a special way on a MT6575 android phone

This is for any ARMv7 device that we do not officially support.

Installed arch by a special way on a MT6575 android phone

Postby chilau » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:43 am

I got a rooted MT6575 android phone and after some work,arch runs good.
First I installed busybox and ssh/sftp server(this just for Ctrl-C not exiting the shell) from Google Play.
Then,I connected to the phone via SSH.Browsing mirror site,I got the link of some key packages such as GLIBC,filesystem,coreutils,pacman ,bash,bzip2,chroot,fakeroot,gcc-libs,libxml2,libarchive,xz,libssh2,etc., using 7-zip to check the dep (a file start with dot in xz file),wrote the url into a text file.
made three partition file,fs_root,fs_lib,fs_share,run mkfs built to fs on them,mount them into /mnt/a ,/mnt/a/usr/lib,/mnt/a/usr/share as loop device.This may in case of data losing.
chdir to /mnt/a
paste the links into ssh console ,let wget download the packages.
all download finished,I used `for` statement to extract all the archive in a quick way.I moved /var/cache to external sdcard,and made a link in /var.
after that,I symbol linked the usr and usr/bin dir in rootfs ,chrooted using following command:
PATH=/usr/bin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib /usr/bin/fakechroot /mnt/a/bin/chroot /mnt/a /bin/sh
0.png
some info
0.png (10.71 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
1.png
sometime mirror site really slow...
1.png (19.64 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
2.png
phpinfo
2.png (75.99 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
chilau

Re: Installed arch by a special way on a MT6575 android phon

Postby chilau » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:50 am

3.png
3.png (37.12 KiB) Viewed 3001 times
4.png
4.png (23.84 KiB) Viewed 3001 times
5.png
some packages may not installed
5.png (16.81 KiB) Viewed 3001 times

I tried to flash the phone's kernel ,but failed.The bootloader refused to boot the kernel,even though the kernel work fine in emulator.
chilau

Return to Community Supported