Rockchip RK3066 support for Arch

This is for any ARMv7 device that we do not officially support.

Rockchip RK3066 support for Arch

Postby thn81 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello everybody,

although I have seen some topics here on Rockchip SoC support, I decided to create a new thread.
I have a small RK3066 based TV box (Minix X5) and (sort of) ported ALARM to it. It is working quite nicely: most hardware components work, including X11 with accelerated GLES. Right now I'm running XBMC on it and use it as my media center.
However there are two issues left: Firstly, video decoding in hardware does not work and probably will never do. There are no proper Linux drivers for it.
Secondly, video playback has horizontal tearing artifacts, which is really annoying because without it the X5 would make a nice XBMC box for video and DVD playback (except HD material, of course). I tried to understand and modify the rockchip kernel display driver to support sync to vblank properly, but it seems that I'm stuck and my kernel hacking knowledge is quite limited.
So my question is: Is there anybody around here with a rockchip device and some knowledge about display drivers who can help me fixing this tearing issue? I can upload my kernel modifications and share the PKGBUILDs for the X5 if someone is interested but it could take some time, I have to clean up the code first.
Thanks in advance.
thn81

Return to Community Supported