Random mmc card stall

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Freescale SoC.

Random mmc card stall

Postby aplund » Thu May 12, 2016 1:39 am

I'm getting lots of instability of my cubox-i4pro due to the root filesystem become unavailable.

The mmc driver seems to get the card into a state where it's not receiving the command stream it expects.

When the kernel gives up trying, eventually I can extract a dmesg. What happens is essentially lots of these messages:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[49414.190527] mmcblk0: timed out sending r/w cmd command, card status 0x400e00')

interspersed with block subsystem errors like:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[49412.548401] Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0p1, logical block 0
[49412.548405] lost page write due to I/O error on mmcblk0p1')

(root filesystem is mmcblk0p1).

I've had a look at the mmc specs, and this card status has the ILLEGAL_COMMAND bit set. Since the dmesg ringbuffer overflows, I cannot see the original message into this error.

The other bits that are set are:

READY_FOR_DATA
CURRENT_STATE=Prg (7) (not sure what this means).

Am I the only one who gets these errors?
aplund

Re: Random mmc card stall

Postby moonman » Thu May 12, 2016 1:51 am

Have you tried a different card? Maybe this one is bad
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Re: Random mmc card stall

Postby aplund » Thu May 12, 2016 3:34 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'H')ave you tried a different card? Maybe this one is bad

This is the second one. I do have a third, but as the second one was brand spanking new, I thought it odd that it give exactly the same symptoms.
aplund

Return to Freescale