Cubox-i4: No bluetooth adapters detected

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Freescale SoC.

Cubox-i4: No bluetooth adapters detected

Postby hero617 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:46 am

Hi. I am using Arch Linux 3.14.73. First thing, is there any higher version of Arch Linux than this one. This one I got it from the ignition image from SolidRun since I am quite new with Linux based platform so I chose the easiest way to install it on my Cubox. I have tried the command of pacman -Ss linux | grep basis and I cannot find any available latest Linux kernel.Secondly, I'm having problem with bluetooth adapters not being detected. FYI, I am using blueman bluetooth manager and I am unable to install blueman applet by running pacman.
hero617

Re: Cubox-i4: No bluetooth adapters detected

Postby moonman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:22 pm

3.14.73 is the version of the kernel, not ArchLinuxArm. ALARM does not have a version because it is a rolling release.
To answer your question, no there isn't a newer version of the kernel yet. 3.14.74 is on the way though.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'p')acman -Ss linux | grep basis

what is basis?

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'S')econdly, I'm having problem with bluetooth adapters not being detected. FYI, I am using blueman bluetooth manager and I am unable to install blueman applet by running pacman.

Any logs? what commands are you running?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby hero617 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:28 am

First question: Regarding the matter of Arch Linux ARM version, sorry for my stupidity, could you tell me the command on how to check the linux version for my Arch Linux? :lol: By the way, I do not know what the 'basis' does because I am just following some link from the internet that tell me that I can update my kernel through that command.

20160801_093502 (Small).jpg
Here's the log after I have ran the apps.
20160801_093502 (Small).jpg (80.13 KiB) Viewed 5533 times
Second question: I am not running any commands. I am using MATE Desktop for my arch linux ARM. The blueman bluetooth manager is an applications and I do not run any terminal commands. It just popped out an error.
hero617

Postby moonman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:59 am

1. As I said above there is no version for ArchLinux(ARM). It is a rolling release. As soon as you update with pacman you will have all the latest software. You don't need to reinstall or update to a newer version of the OS ever, just update all packages. Rootfs tarballs distributed for installation are generated once every month and they represent a snapshot of the packages available at the time of the tarball creation.

2. You need to enable bluetooth service. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth

Basically 99% you want to know is covered in ArchWIki. You can google "archwiki bluetooth" or "archwiki wifi" and you will have a detailed answer of what to install and what systemd service to start.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby hero617 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:40 am

Thanks! I have tried "systemctl enable bluetooth.service" and "systemctl start bluetooth.service" and I even uninstalled the client of blueman and reinstalled back. :| Still same error occurred.
hero617

Postby moonman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:16 am

Are you trying to use the built in bluetooth adapter?
if so then you need to install firmware if it isn't installed:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S firmware-brcm43xx
systemctl enable brcm43xx
sync
reboot')
moonman
Developer

Postby hero617 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:40 am

Thanks!. But how can I know which driver of bluetooth I am running? :roll:
hero617

Return to Freescale