Spontaneous sleep/suspend

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Freescale SoC.

Spontaneous sleep/suspend

Postby andrimar » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi all,

Long story short, trying out Arch to find an OSMC replacement for my Cuboxi-i4pro since that hardware is no longer supported. Got a basic system setup, installed kodi-img, started manually and left it for the night to try out the long term stability. When I checked on the system today after work it was completely unresponsive, no hdmi output, no reaction to remote, no dhcp entry in the router so I power cycled it to reboot and checked the journal. It says that it reached target sleep but I have no idea what in the system initiated that? The whole journal can be found here and below are all the lines that mention sleep or suspend

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ journalctl --since=yesterday | grep -i 'sleep\|suspend'
Nov 03 21:47:12 alarm kernel: ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.1: timeout waiting for SUSPEND
Nov 04 00:02:37 alarm systemd[1]: Reached target Sleep.
Nov 04 00:02:37 alarm systemd[1]: Starting Suspend...
Nov 04 00:02:37 alarm systemd-sleep[29960]: Suspending system...')

Anyone got any ideas on what might be triggering this sleep mode? Also, if you need further info, don't hesitate to ask.

/andrimar
andrimar

Re: Spontaneous sleep/suspend

Postby slycat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:29 am

Any news on this? I noticed this only recently, thought it was my network dropping connection but then I saw the journalctl have a suspend call.

EDIT: decided to avoid suspend/sleep altogether, does not benefit me in the least to have this available.
Here's how polkit is set to disable it
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Return to Freescale