Vivante GC320 support

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Freescale SoC.

Vivante GC320 support

Postby tobbebobbe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi,

Has anyone managed to implement these drivers: http://graphics.github.io/bltsville/ in order to get 2D graphic acceleration for this chip used on the Utilite (and the wandboard too I think)?

Or is there another way of getting proper graphics to work under Arch?
tobbebobbe

Re: Vivante GC320 support

Postby pepedog » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:48 pm

If your going to do this, remember utilite uses BSP 4.0.0
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... jKOJqXtpic
pepedog
Developer

Postby tobbebobbe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:29 am

I´m thinking that since it just want XBMC and don´t really need X, maybe it would be possible to get XBMC to run in standalone mode. Then the closed vivante drivers could be used, no? Since the problem with the closed drivers is that the X version available for arch is too new.
tobbebobbe

Postby ralix » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 am

I now have in the wandboard forum found a interesting discussion. There, a user has started to make a pgkbuilds it. I am also very keen interest archlinux and xbmc install on my utilite.
http://forums.wandboard.org/viewtopic.p ... 29556a77d1

Regards Ralix
ralix

Postby raumzeit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:14 am

The pkgbuilds of Crux work quite well. I tested them on wandboard and got at least framebuffer gles acceleration. The vivante examples run flawless with high framerate.
However, getting all this stuff right for Xorg seems to be a very tedious task and I dont know if anyone got it to work yet.

cheers

RaumZeit
Acer CB5-311, Asus Flip, Tinker Board, Samsung ARM Chromebook, NSA 325, ix4-300d, WandBoard Quad, Raspberry Pi B, BeagleBoard ...and a dead Pandaboard :sad:
raumzeit

Postby ralix » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 am

Ok I will install Archlinux again on my utilité and try the packages to build. Can you possibly tell me in what order I need to build the packages?
ralix

Postby tobbebobbe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Am I wrong in thinking there shouldn't be too much difference between the wandboard and the utliite? And I am also like Ralix interested in further details on how to build the packages.
tobbebobbe

Postby raumzeit » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 pm

If instructions on how to get vivante drivers running for utilite and wandboard are the same I dot know. I own a wandboard quad and thus can report on the things I've done there only.

To get framebuffer drivers running, you should need to install only two packages from CrawX's PKGBUILD repo:
1. install core/linux-wandboard-fsl
2. install alarm/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-fb

To test if everything works fine:
3. install alarm/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-samples

and run one of the tutorial executables

This worked for me and I got fps in the range between 100-200

X11 drivers don't work though. I have the binaries for 3.10.9 installed togeter with a heavily patched version of the xorg-driver, but as soon as I run any GLES application my system freezes :(

I'll test 3.10.17 as soon as I find some spare time.

RaumZeit
Acer CB5-311, Asus Flip, Tinker Board, Samsung ARM Chromebook, NSA 325, ix4-300d, WandBoard Quad, Raspberry Pi B, BeagleBoard ...and a dead Pandaboard :sad:
raumzeit

Postby tobbebobbe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:48 am

Ralix, you and I keep running into eachother. I´m the same guy as on Stephans forum! :)

I was in contact with Crux who gave me some pointers. I will also try this myself in the weekend.

Crux think that in order to get it to work on the utilite we just need to switch to Stephans kernel for the utilite: https://github.com/wolfgar/utilite/tree/devel

You need to compile the utilite specific kernel, then libraries libcec-imx6, imx-vpu, libfslvpuwrap and firmware-imx, and gpu-viv-bin-mx6q.

For the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q Crux says we need to use this specific, order version here: https://github.com/CrawX/PKGBUILDs/tree ... v-bin-mxq6). This is because the newer version requires two patches for the kernel that we probably cannot use for the utilite kernel.

"After that xbmc-imx should build (and work). You may have to tweak the dependencies a bit to allow the use of the older gpu-viv-bin-mx6q."

Let´s keep eachother posted after trying this out, shall we? It would be nice if we could make packages out of it so that not everyone has to compile the packages.
tobbebobbe

Postby ralix » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 am

Morning.
Yesterday I built the kernel and other PKGBUILDs adapted they use the old gpu-viv-bin mx6q. I have all PKGBUILDs adjusted as far as I could still yesterday it xbmc-imx build. However, yesterday evening / night was not finished. I will now go on evening and then upload it to github.

P.S.
Ok I have the utilite linux master tree used. Do I need to change.

regards Ralix
ralix

Next

Return to Freescale