SFP Performance on clearfog

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Marvell SoC.

SFP Performance on clearfog

Postby slackit2 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi,

anyone else using a clearfog pro with SFP module?
I have a 300/300 mbit FTTH connection. When i use the clearfog i only get about 280/150.

When i use the sfp "box" of my provider (ftth fibre cable -> sfp box -> rj45 ethernet to the clearfog) i get 300/300, so i am wondering what could be the problem.
The difference is, that i have another sfp module and another fibre cable. Could it be that the fibre cable is partly damaged? Is it possible to have a fibre cable broken but not completly, meaning: it retrieves and sends, but not in full-speed as it should?
slackit2

Re: SFP Performance on clearfog

Postby slackit2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:51 pm

I installed LEDE (successor of openwrt) and it worked out of the box with full speed on the SFP Port. So it seems like there is some problem in the kernel - i have no clue whatelse could be the problem...
slackit2

Re: SFP Performance on clearfog

Postby moonman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 pm

I realise this is old, but to anyone else reading this after the performance problems with clearfog should be resolved in the current kernel. If anyone can test SFP specifically it would be great as I don't have one at home to test.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Marvell