[SOLVED] Not mounting /boot if HD connected to USB

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Marvell SoC.

[SOLVED] Not mounting /boot if HD connected to USB

Postby metrolan » Tue May 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi all!

As related to this http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8160 post of @jernst, I've tried to write on that but now it's locked.

If no HD is connected to USBs, Arch starts fine, once modified fstab as stated in the post mentioned. But on the contrary that him, my micro-SD changes from boot to boot, maybe to /dev/sda or to /dev/sdc....

So I've tried to mount /boot by UUID, but this works only if I have no HDs connected to USBs, so it is the same case.
As I need HDs mounted in the same place from boot to boot, I mount them by UUID in fstab. Then I can start Mirabox and wait with an eye on putty, and when I see "A job is started...." and then plug the two HDs. Then always runs fine, but this is not the correct way, I hope you agree.

Typing a printenv in the Marvell prompt, I see no differences with an original one, except the obvious I write for starting from micro-SD

¿Anybody knows something about that?
metrolan

Re: [SOLVED] Not mounting /boot if HD connected to USB

Postby metrolan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:22 pm

At least in my Mirabox, micro SD card is asigned an /dev/sdX depending on what number of USB's are connected.

X is "b" + {number_of_HD-USB's_plugged).

ie: with no HD plugged, it will be /dev/sdb. With one HD: /dev/sdc, and with two HD it will be /dev/sdd.

Then, I do this:

#mkdir /mnt/usb1
#mkdir /mnt/usb2

And in fstab you'll find:

/dev/sdd1 /boot vfat defaults 0 0
UUID=xxx......xxxx /mnt/usb1 ext4 defaults 0 0
UUID=xxx.....xxxx /mnt/usb2 ext4 defaults 0 0
metrolan

Return to Marvell