Mirabox cryptodev?

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Marvell SoC.

Mirabox cryptodev?

Postby Klepto » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:48 am

Hi everyone

I'm installing a new router for my network on a Mirabox and I'd like to be making use of the hardware encryption engine. The cryptodev module seems to be missing from the mirabox kernel, and openssl-cryptodev seems to want a cubox kernel. Am I missing something? Are there plans to support this feature in the future? If not then any advice on rolling my own would be appreciated.

Thanks
Klepto

Re: Mirabox cryptodev?

Postby moonman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:21 am

Is there support in the kernel? I don't know as i don't actually have one of these.

If there is you can modify pkgbuild to build the module. Look in linux-kirkwood or linux-imx6-cubox-dt for an example
Openssl-cryptodev can be installed if you install it with no dependency check. Check man pacman, Don't remember what the actual argument is.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby Klepto » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Edit: I found the where the mirabox kernel package is created. Please ignore this post and I'll try to say something useful next time :)

The Mirabox uses the Armada 370 SoC, the driver discussed in this thread is the one needed. I'm happy to play around with the kernel PKGBUILD, but I can't seem to find it. I cloned the repo as instructed here, and there are PKGBUILDs for a whole bunch of kernels, but the mirabox one is missing.

I noticed the mirabox kernel package only contains the uImage, and the vanilla arm7h kernel package is installed too, how does that work? I assume the mirabox kernel package is using the modules and other things from the vanilla kernel package? Really I just want to set a few options in .config, that should be all that's required, I don't want to re-invent any wheels.

Simply using the --nodeps option with pacman doesn't allow installation of openssl-cryptodev, but that's no biggy, I can fix that. I imagine a new mirabox kernel PKGBUILD should specify cryptodev_friendly in it's provides.
Klepto

Postby shazled » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:59 am

I am sorry to thread jack, but is your Mirabox actually working with Arch Linux? My ethernet broke with version 4.1 of the kernel and has not recovered since.

If your ethernet is working I will try a fresh install.

Again, I am sorry for thread jacking.

Saul
shazled

Return to Marvell