samba and ftp file transfer timeout and/or disconnect

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

samba and ftp file transfer timeout and/or disconnect

Postby jbodhorn » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:56 pm

I spent yesterday setting up my odroid-xu4 with arch, I finally get to test file transfers through samba and they timeout/disconnect. I can sometimes transfer 1gb of a large file,sometimes no where near that. Speed definitely isn't an issue, its way faster than using my raspberry pi and I haven't even tried plugging my laptop into the network. The odroid is on a wire and my laptop is on wireless.

ATM the client machines are running either arch or win 10 and I have the same problem in both, I never had this issue with my raspberry pi when it was my home NAS.

I'm also getting timeout /disconnection issues when using ftp, I set up vsftpd and was using filezilla on arch on my laptop. ATM I'm thinking this is a power issue and I'm about to disconnect everything but one drive, I'm gonna try to find a power adapted for my usb3 hub later today if possible.

Does anyone have any ideas in case I'm wrong about the power?
jbodhorn

Re: samba and ftp file transfer timeout and/or disconnect

Postby jbodhorn » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:03 pm

I finally found a power supply for my hub and my transfers aren't dropping anymore, even with just one usb 3 drive hooked up(and ethernet and hdmi, nothing else) I was still getting dropped transfers. it seems all good now, though uploading from linux to the odroid are a bit slow and uploading from windows isn't working. I'm guessing windows not being able to upload is a permissions issue and the slow down from linux being that the usb 3 drives on the odroid are ntfs.
jbodhorn

Return to Samsung