odroid-xu4 command line/tty hanging/freezing

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

odroid-xu4 command line/tty hanging/freezing

Postby jbodhorn » Fri May 06, 2016 6:06 pm

I installed arch arm on my xu4, whenever I try to use it with a monitor and keyboard it freezes entering commands at tty. I can tap ctrl + alt + f# to get another tty but I always have the same issue. I can log in but when ever I try to do anything the odroid hangs, doesn't seem to matter what I do. Even if the command executes the odroid is hung and I can't enter another command at that tty. I can go to a different tty and kill the process and get my tty back, but it doesn't really matter since it will just hang on the next command.

Since I was set on using arch and didn't really care about a DE I've been doing all my work via ssh, everything works fine through ssh. I've tried a bunch of other (debian/ubuntu)images and arch is the only one I have this issue with, does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

If it matters, I've been limited to 1024 x 768 res since none of the other resolutions display properly due to an ovescan issue. The other resolutions display but are cut off, the overscan issue has been consistant in every image I've tried.
jbodhorn

Return to Samsung