sd_fusing.sh overwrites fs on SD card -- Odroid XU4

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

sd_fusing.sh overwrites fs on SD card -- Odroid XU4

Postby picklegun » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:14 pm

EDIT: This concerns an Odroid XU4

I think that the current sd_fusing.sh script is slightly overwriting the fs on my SD card which starts at sector 2048. I've been working on this with @WarheadsSE and @miasma on IRC. Here is a paste of a calculation: http://pastebin.com/jqUGTN9V

fsck.ext4 -fn fails unless I move this boundary a little further. I have a working base arch setup with the fs starting on sector 4096, as @WarheadsSE suggested.

I have successfully booted and logged back out, and fsck -fn now shows no errors. Can the tzsw.bin file be slightly moved to accommodate the regular 2048 boundary?

Thanks!
Last edited by picklegun on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
picklegun

Re: sd_fusing.sh overwrites fs on SD card

Postby picklegun » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Here is the output of fsck -fn when the starting sector is 2048: http://pastebin.com/sfrjWXE3
picklegun

Re: sd_fusing.sh overwrites fs on SD card -- Odroid XU4

Postby moonman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 am

I had the same calculations done a couple of days ago with the same result :) I don't think uboot stuff can be moved, but the partition start can be moved to a 2MB boundary.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby WarheadsSE » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:25 am

It pretty much comes down to what fdisk ends up seeing as the sector size. If it sees the sectors as 512, then you need to set it to 4096 to have full room. Technically, you can set it lower, but that's not a clean partition alignment.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby picklegun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:27 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'I') had the same calculations done a couple of days ago with the same result :) I don't think uboot stuff can be moved, but the partition start can be moved to a 2MB boundary.

I was starting to feel crazy. :P I made a new partition table starting at 4096.

Thanks for the information! I've been bothering @WarheadsSE for the last couple of days with this.
picklegun

Return to Samsung