Issues with XE303C12

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

Issues with XE303C12

Postby traverseda » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:14 pm

I've been running archlinux-arm on my chromebook for the last while.

Recently, I did a "pacman -Syu", and the chromebook didn't boot.

Chroot-ing in, I found that it was using the "linux-peach" kernel. I replaced it with "linux-arm7" and now it does boot.

But I have no hdmi out, and my sort-of working audio (daisy-i2s) stopped working entirely. (snow-i2s).

I'm also getting a lot of screen weirdness. Regions of the screen not updating.

Unfortunately, I haven't kept good enough track of the last good "working" conditions, so I'm not entirely certain what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone shed light on what's going on here? Has development slowed-down for the XE303C12? This seems like a lot of regressions for my case.
traverseda

Re: Issues with XE303C12

Postby pjaneck » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:07 am

Hey traverseda,
first of all, always be carefull with the kernel updates on arm devices. For me it seems as they are not as good tested as on the x64/86 platform. Always keep the package of the previous kernel package to revert the update process.
I had a simillar problem with the linux-peach kernel package which updated from 3.8.11-3 to ...-4. The wifi and audio stopped working. I reverted the kernel package and no the chromebook is running again.
However, it would be nice to have an up-to-date kernel running on the system.
So, my question would be, if you have to stick to any particular process when updating certain packages?

Sorry, that I couldn't help you with your problem...

Regards,
Peter
pjaneck

Return to Samsung