[FIXED ITSELF]usb 3 ethernet adapter mac address changing

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

[FIXED ITSELF]usb 3 ethernet adapter mac address changing

Postby jbodhorn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Can someone please tell me how to stop my usb 3 ethernet adapter from changing it's mac address each boot? I have no idea when this started, I'm guessing after the last update.

I went to do updates and $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Syyu') failed, could not resolve... I run dnsmasq and use the usb ethernet adapter to share internet from the onboard ethernet and since the mac address decided to just randomly get assigned each boot now it's messing everything up.

I'm so angry I wish I never bought this stupid thing, it's been problem after problem after problem.... I finally had it working right and now this
Last edited by jbodhorn on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbodhorn

Re: odroid-xu4 usb 3 ethernet adapter mac address changing

Postby jbodhorn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:23 am

I had edited all my files that mattered, dnsmasq, udev rules, iptables, and netctl files, since only the usb ethernet was changing it's mac address I was able to make just a single udev rule to assign a name to the onboard ethernet work...

Not that any of this mattered because I hadn't thought to check the forum to see if the update would break my system, which it did.... Since the update broke my system I was forced to restore from the image I had made a couple days ago. I wanted to play around and see if I could get retropie to install on my xu4, so when I took it down I decided to backup thankfully

Retropie was a failure, I might have gotten it to work with enough time invested but that's another story... I burned the backup I had made back to my sd card, had the random mac problem, worked around the random mac problem, broke my system with an update, burned the same image back to the same card that had given me the random mac problem but I no longer have a random mac address problem....

I really do hate this odroid sometimes
jbodhorn

Re: [FIXED ITSELF]usb 3 ethernet adapter mac address changin

Postby jbodhorn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:25 am

I didn't want to mark this solved, because exactly nothing was ever changed, nothing was changed to cause the random mac addresses and nothing was changed to get rid of the problem, just lots of wasted time....
jbodhorn

Return to Samsung