Odroid U3 Help

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

Odroid U3 Help

Postby HiDeHo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi I have an old Odroid U3 and have been looking for a current up to date os for it. The U3 official support is no longer supported by the Odroid team. all os that where built for it on the Odroid forums are outdated. Currently i am running Ubuntu 14.04 very outdated.
i am wanting to know if the Arch Arm os you have for the U3 is current and updated with all latest apos and such. currently some websites say the browser is not supported etc. and i like to have a running os I know will work.

what I want to use the odroid U3 for is a media server. I would like to run Kodi, Spotify web interface, youtube etc and set this up for access on my home network running on my TV. this is the main use.
i would also like to have available Libreoffice, Hexchat, run my Brother DCP-7055 laser printer/scanner, manage photos/videos, etc incase i need to run these apps.

I have been using Linux for a while using Ubuntu/Mint/Debian and Puppy Linux. I am new to Arch/ArchArm but will install on my U3 if the os is currently maintained and up to date now and in the possible future.
HiDeHo

Return to Samsung