[SOLVED] Odroid HC1 first-boot, no networking

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

[SOLVED] Odroid HC1 first-boot, no networking

Postby neildarlow » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:08 am

Hi,

I am a newcomer to alARM but long-time user of arch. I have setup an Odroid HC1 using ArchLinuxARM-odroid-xu3-latest.tar.gz dated 07/16/2020 following the instructions for the Odroid HC1 on the alARM website.

I power up the system and have Red, Green and Flashing Blue LEDs so I guess I'm getting somewhere along the boot process. The RJ-45 connector flashes, Yellow, at regular intervals so it's obviously seeing traffic.

Checking my DHCP server (and DNS server) logs it looks like no IP address negotiation is taking place. I'm not doubting my DHCP server as it's assigning IPs to lots of equipment on my network.

While I'm waiting for the arrival of an Odroid USB-UART module (why didn't I order one when I bought the HC1? - I guess the online videos made setup look trivial), can anyone please offer any suggestions for boot.txt or other tweaks that might get me talking to it?

TIA,
Neil Darlow
neildarlow

Re: [SOLVED] Odroid HC1 first-boot, no networking

Postby neildarlow » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi,

The issue was related to extraction of the image. I didn't have bsdtar available on my desktop PC so I ended-up copying the image to an ArchLinux system and extracting there then repacking with GNU tar. I had to make use of --acls --numeric-owner and --xattrs on the repacked archive.

In the meantime, my USB to UART adapter had arrived and with that connected, using the newly repacked image to build the microSD card, I found a login prompt awaiting me.

User error.

Regards,
Neil Darlow
neildarlow

Return to Samsung