Black screen with any mainline kernel on HP Chromebook 11

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

Black screen with any mainline kernel on HP Chromebook 11

Postby Gameparkwing » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:25 am

I just installed Arch Linux ARM to my device which model is HP Chromebook 11 G1 (Google Spring).

Refer to the following installation tutorial:
https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... chromebook

I was used the package ArchLinuxARM-armv7-chromebook-latest.tar.gz for installation, but it was found that the black screen after boot, there was not any display, and no backlight.
So I had downloaded the old version package ArchLinuxARM-peach-latest.tar.gz was used for installation, it could be work fine.
However, after the kernel had been replaced to any version mainline kernel, there will be found that the black screen problem, can not be used completely.

Whether the system is install in the built-in storage (mmcblk0) or USB flash drive, it problem is still exists.
After pressing the power key, the withe screen of operating system verification disable can be display normally.
And using Ctrl + D or Ctrl + U to boot, the screen is always black without any display.
It is work fine by the peach kernel (such as linux-peach-3.8.11-3-armv7h), but if it is switch to the mainline kernel, this will happen.
I've tried many versions of the mainline kernel, and the phenomenon is the same, so I think that's what happens with any mainline kernel.

I don't know how to debug with this problem, thanks for help.
Gameparkwing

Return to Samsung