?? does "xset dpms" work on odroid U3 ??

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

?? does "xset dpms" work on odroid U3 ??

Postby kultex » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:39 pm

I use the original installed Ubuntu LXDE, which was installed on the eMMC. I am qiute happy with it, because evrything what I need is working - exept "xset dpms 0 0 300" - "xset dpms" generally works, but oly with "xset dpms 0 0 0". If I set it to "0 0 300", xorg crashes and only reboot helps.

But switching off the monitor is absolut necessary, because we use the U3 as always on family computer - so its necessary to turn off the monitor automatic after 5 - 10 minutes.

In the odroid forum I get no answer - so bevor I buy an adapter for the eMMC just the question - is it working here on arch?
kultex

Re: ?? does "xset dpms" work on odroid U3 ??

Postby kultex » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:20 pm

"xset dpms 300 0 0" does the job.

There must have been a change in xset or different hardwardware reacts different. On my old TFTmonitor "xset dpms 300 0 0" just makes the screen black, but the backlight and power supply stay on. It doesn't actually do anything to reduce the power usage.

The problem is, that there is no good dokumentation of xset - the manpage just says:

dpms flags...The DPMS state can be one of `standby', `suspend', `off', or `on'. But its not defind what these stats really do.
kultex

Return to Samsung