SAMSUNG XE303C12 return from suspend fails.

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

SAMSUNG XE303C12 return from suspend fails.

Postby rasteenb » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:48 am

I recently installed ALARM on an old Samsung XE303C12 according to the instructions on archlinuxarm.org. I'm running it from a USB flash drive - dual booting with Chrome.

I've got everythong working well except suspend. It appears to enter suspend without issues, but can't seem to return from suspend. (using systemctl suspend or pm-suspend). I get the terminal back but it can't recognize any commands. Similarly, if I have a browser open and try to do anything in the browser, it crashes.

When I'm simply logged into a termainal as root (no x-server) and attempt to return from a suspended state, I see messages about a journal I/O error, then about an EXT4 error. I haven't been able to capture the messages anywhere, but it seems that it cannot see the USB drive. Earier in the process of installation I got error messages about the journal and read-write permissions, but it appeared to be trying to write to the internal SSD.

I've looked in journalctl, but nothing has jumped out at me. Perhaps it's a kernel issue?

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to aid diagnosis, of if you've managed to solve the issue. My search has only resulted in a post about suspend with lid-close. In that case, pm-suspend and systemctl suspend both worked.

Cheers,
Rob
rasteenb

Re: SAMSUNG XE303C12 return from suspend fails.

Postby rasteenb » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:15 pm

In the interim, I've simply set lid-close events to poweroff. Not optimal, but sufficient.
rasteenb

Re: SAMSUNG XE303C12 return from suspend fails.

Postby vacant » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:22 am

I have found resuming from suspend to be unreliable but my display would remain off when I lifted the lid. I use Xfce4 and set up ctl-alt-backspace to "sudo systemctl suspend". If I lifted the lid and got a blank screen I could manually suspend (and would see the blinking power LED), then I could tap a key to resume normally.
vacant

Return to Samsung