Issues on XE503C32 (Samsung Chromebook 2 13.3")

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

Issues on XE503C32 (Samsung Chromebook 2 13.3")

Postby firstbass » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Hello. I've been browsing this forum for quite a while and I have a few issues to report, which I'm sure have been talked about before but I'd like to understand where I should look for progress on this laptop.

Display freezes from physically initiated sleep mode
I am having a weird issue when I shut the lid of my laptop. If I ever shut it, the laptop will try to sleep (at least I think so) and when I open it back up, the graphics will not update again until I press the power button, and by then the computer is already halting. It is not just a simple wake up problem - if I use pm-suspend and wake it up from sleep mode without ever closing the lid, the display is fine.

Sound is only available to output from built-in speakers
Using GodOfGrunts hack to fix the audio, it only works with the built-in speakers. However, I've gotten it to work with headphones once when messing around with alsamixer for about an hour, so I know it's definitely possible.

System only works from external media
While not necessarily a bug, the existing guides only allow arch linux to work from external media. However, I remember older posts saying that it was possible to boot it from the built-in hard drive.

I would love to be able to help fix these problems but I don't know where to start. I have rudimentary knowledge in programming but not enough experience to understand where to start. I've been browsing the linux-exynos wiki, hoping to find progress for support over the months, but it seems to have stalled. I would love to help, I just have no idea where to start.

Thank you for your time.
firstbass

Return to Samsung