pandaboard video driver and xorg configuration

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Texas Instruments (TI) SoC.

pandaboard video driver and xorg configuration

Postby riccardocagnasso » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Hello, it's quite unclear to me how to configure a pandaboard have a functioning xorg server.

Mainly, even if i could probably use an hand in the whole process of writing the xorg.conf, i'm confused on what video driver i have to use.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~armin76/arm/pand ... rivers.xml here on the gentoo doc (bleah gentoo :evil: ) they say that there are two available driver for omap4, one closed and one open, but i can't manage to find anyone of these driver on archlinuxarm.

Are there in some package that i can't find? Can i compile them from some sources? Don't make me install gentoo, please PLEASE

Archlinux rox, thx for help.
riccardocagnasso

Re: pandaboard video driver and xorg configuration

Postby kmihelich » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 pm

First, we don't have any video drivers packaged, just never got around to that.

Second, viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1218 -- The v7 repo is currently undergoing a full rebuild for hard-float, which guarantees we will be able to use the hardware to its fullest potential. Just hang tight, we'll get there.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby riccardocagnasso » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Well, it's good to know that the packages will be available soon, but i'm quite in a rush, so, as far as you know, is it possible to compile the drivers from sources? where can i get those sources?
riccardocagnasso

Postby kmihelich » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm

The easiest way to get them is from the Ubuntu launchpad repository. They have a ti-omap project that contains all the sources. Otherwise, you need to register on my.ti.com and submit a request to get source access.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby riccardocagnasso » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:01 pm

meh, they don't compile, life sucks
riccardocagnasso

Return to Texas Instruments (TI)