[SOLVED] BeagleBone Green won't boot from SD card

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Texas Instruments (TI) SoC.

[SOLVED] BeagleBone Green won't boot from SD card

Postby Gyscos » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I've just received my BeagleBone Green, which is really a BeagleBone Black with some minor modifications (different power port, no hdmi, ...), but with otherwise the same core specs.

I tried following the instructions for the Beaglebone Black, but I can't get the board to boot from the sd card. It came with debian pre-installed on the emmc, and that's what's booting everytime.
From the debian environment, I can see the sd card without any issue, I can mount it and chroot there, and everything looks functionnal. I just can't get it to boot from it.

Any idea ?
Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, as usual the problem was between the screen and the keyboard.
Documentation online indicated that I had to press a button while plugging in the board. I was pressing the POWER button, but it turns out there's a BOOT button on the other side of the board ; pressing this one immediately worked.
Note: while the debian installation on the emmc previously present required this step to boot anything from the sd card, with archlinux installed on the emmc, it will always boot from the sd card if it can. I guess the bootloader settings are different.
Gyscos

Return to Texas Instruments (TI)