Package "mhddfs" for ARMv7h

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

Package "mhddfs" for ARMv7h

Postby chmercesmoreira » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 am

Hello, today I installed successfully the package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mhddfs/ from AUR.
I had to change the PKGBUILD file in this line:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=mhddfs#n8$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'arch=('i686' 'x86_64')')to$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'arch=('i686' 'x86_64' 'armv7h')') in order to install this package.
It's working! I don't know why the maintainer of this package doesn't allow ARMv7h but it seems to be working properly:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ uname -a
Linux seedbox 4.9.20-std-1 #1 SMP Wed Apr 5 15:38:34 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux')
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ df -h
Sist. Arq. Tam. Usado Disp. Uso% Montado em
/mnt/seedbox;/mnt/seedbox001 183G 1,5G 172G 1% /home/seedbox
...')
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ cat /etc/fstab
#
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# <file system> <dir> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
mhddfs#/mnt/seedbox,/mnt/seedbox001 /home/seedbox/ fuse mlimit=100M,defaults,noatime,allow_other,umask=007 0 0')

I'd like to ask for this package to be added on the Arch Linux ARM package repository, at least for ARMv7h.
chmercesmoreira

Re: Package "mhddfs" for ARMv7h

Postby moonman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:31 am

This does not make sense to be added. It is a super simple package to compile. AUR is exactly for this purpose - to have the user maintained packages. You can ask the AUR maintainer to add the arm architectures into the array.

Also, as discussed many times before, you can use '-A' with makepkg or even yaourt to ignore arch= array in PKGBUILD
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Package Requests