lantern?

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

lantern?

Postby rezad » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:47 am

I cant install lantern package on my odorid from aur repo.
this is the package source
https://github.com/getlantern/lantern

I get this error when building the package

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Icon installer-resources/windows/lantern.ico ID: 5
Building development lantern
** VERSION was not set, using default version. This is OK while in development.
Build tags:
Extra ldflags:
go build: -race and -msan are only supported on linux/amd64, freebsd/amd64, darwin/amd64 and windows/amd64
make: *** [Makefile:336: lantern] Error 2
')
rezad

Re: lantern?

Postby rezad » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:16 pm

ok it seems that removing the "-race" option from makefile fixes the compiling with just some warning and lantern is built

is there any aur repo that is tailored for arm devices?
rezad

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Nope
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby cmsigler » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi,

Just my 2 cents....

If you think it's worth the trouble, you might register for an account on the AUR page and leave a comment on the lantern page about how to modify the PKGBUILD by removing the "-race" switch to build for Arch Linux ARM. HTH.

Clemmitt
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Odroid-C2
- Raspberry Pi Zero
cmsigler

Postby rezad » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:15 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('cmsigler', 'H')i,

Just my 2 cents....

If you think it's worth the trouble, you might register for an account on the AUR page and leave a comment on the lantern page about how to modify the PKGBUILD by removing the "-race" switch to build for Arch Linux ARM. HTH.

Clemmitt

You misunderstood me. I said removing the "-race" option from makefile(inside the extracted source of package) not PKGBUILD.
so if I should report anywhere it should be to upstream maintainer (on github maybe?) not aur.
rezad

Postby moonman » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Not necessarily. AUR maintainer can supply a patch that is only applied when compiling for arm. Of course it would be better it was fixed upstream, but chances are they may dismiss your request as arm is not their primary target - who knows. If you make patch and supply a pkgbuild diff to the maintainer in aur he is more likely to I include it.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby cmsigler » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:24 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'Y')ou misunderstood me. I said removing the "-race" option from makefile(inside the extracted source of package) not PKGBUILD.

D'oh! Sorry. Following up moonman's reply, I believe The Right Way(TM) to do it is to:

1.) Create a patch for the source tarball's Makefile with `diff -u';
2.) Add the patch as a source file to your local PKGBUILD, also adding the `patch -n' command to the prepare() routine;
3.) Test and correct your local PKGBUILD;
4.) Create a patch for PKGBUILD.

At least that's what I do with packages I've custom-edited to pass them upstream to an AUR maintainer. HTH.

Clemmitt
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Odroid-C2
- Raspberry Pi Zero
cmsigler

Postby rezad » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:12 am

thanks for the info.
I am a regular linux user but I don't use many of linux utilities that make it great, like patch.
Do have a git repo(or gist) for these patches that you tested? It would be nice if you share them.

about the aur patch, I don't know if the maintainer of aur package is interested to mess with makefile of source to make it work on arm.
I may try both channels and see which one answers first.
rezad

Postby cmsigler » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi, rezad,

I don't write code these days, haven't for a long time (used to be a science-type guy, often writing FORTRAN *gasp*). So I don't have any git or similar repositories.

Here's an Arch Linux wiki page (Patching in ABS) about the process of creating patches for source-code packages, applying patches, etc. It will probably provide much more useful info than I could in this thread. HTH!

Clemmitt
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Odroid-C2
- Raspberry Pi Zero
cmsigler

Postby rezad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 pm

the maintainer of aur package contacted and said that he would remove that '-race' part if it helps to compile it on arm.
what a nice guy.
rezad

Next

Return to Package Requests