Package "mhddfs" for ARMv7h

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

Package "mhddfs" for ARMv7h

Postby chmercesmoreira » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 am

Hello, today I installed successfully the package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mhddfs/ from AUR.
I had to change the PKGBUILD file in this line:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=mhddfs#n8
Code: Select all
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
to
arch=('i686' 'x86_64' 'armv7h')
in order to install this package.
It's working! I don't know why the maintainer of this package doesn't allow ARMv7h but it seems to be working properly:
$ uname -a
Linux seedbox 4.9.20-std-1 #1 SMP Wed Apr 5 15:38:34 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

$ df -h
Sist. Arq.                    Tam. Usado Disp. Uso% Montado em
/mnt/seedbox;/mnt/seedbox001  183G  1,5G  172G   1% /home/seedbox

$ cat /etc/fstab
#
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# <file system>                         <dir>           <type>  <options>                                               <dump>  <pass>
mhddfs#/mnt/seedbox,/mnt/seedbox001     /home/seedbox/  fuse    mlimit=100M,defaults,noatime,allow_other,umask=007      0       0

I'd like to ask for this package to be added on the Arch Linux ARM package repository, at least for ARMv7h.
chmercesmoreira

Re: Package "mhddfs" for ARMv7h

Postby moonman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:31 am

This does not make sense to be added. It is a super simple package to compile. AUR is exactly for this purpose - to have the user maintained packages. You can ask the AUR maintainer to add the arm architectures into the array.

Also, as discussed many times before, you can use '-A' with makepkg or even yaourt to ignore arch= array in PKGBUILD
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi B 512 | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | |[armv5] How to install my.pogoplug.com service | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Package Requests