libgpiod?

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

libgpiod?

Postby erich » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:09 am

It seems strange that libgpiod hasn't been mentioned here.
Can it be added as a package?
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/lib ... gpiod.git/

Thanks.
erich

Re: libgpiod?

Postby moonman » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:40 am

Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby erich » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:05 am

If I had the toolchain installed (or had room to on the device) I would have just grabbed the source and built it.
That's why I asked about the package.
erich

Postby moonman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 pm

We don't pre-build AUR packages unless absolutely necessary, which isn't the case with libgpiod at all, as it super simple to build.
You may have to get more storage on your device, or build it on a different device, then transfer over.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby erich » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Fair enough, but it really seems strange that the one supported library for using gpio isn't part of the prebuilt packages.
Isn't one of the main reasons archlinuxarm exists is to support of embedded devices?
erich

Return to Package Requests