twonky and subsonic

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

Re: twonky and subsonic

Postby devr » Thu May 26, 2011 6:28 pm

I have a few flac files, and thats when subsonic makes the call out to transcode. Not sure which I am using, just made sure whatever binaries it was set to use in the config were installed, but I am pretty certain a pink pogo ARM cpu was never meant to handle transcoding. The Pogo Video version, I think, has beefier cpu... and they included an onboard hardware encoder/decoder chip. There's a reason for that ;) Anytime I try to stream one of the flac files, there is a delay, play a few seconds of music, delay, seconds of music, etc. And I won;t even mention the one time I tried to stream a video ;)

I just got a Pogo Pro, slower cpu but dual core. Have yet to test if that is any better (very very doubtful, 2nd core will most likely help with processing other processes while transcoding). But if I ever get to it, will update the thread.
devr

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri May 27, 2011 2:33 am

The pro is actually also a generation up, an armv6l vs an armv5te, so there are certain things that make a difference. I am not sure how much the encoder card on the video is used for music... but it's possible I suppose.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby tritron » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:09 pm

I am using oracle java and on my pogoplug pro java uses 3 to 7. Now the only problem that I have is that the script does not start subsonic. I edited the script to match my files.
/usr/local/subsonic/subsonic.sh will start subsonic but /etc/rc.d/subsonic start states done but sunsonic is not started.
tritron

Postby pepedog » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:13 am

Does it start if you run this (modified to your PATH)?
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk

In my /etc/rc.d/subsonic file I have this
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin
pepedog
Developer

Postby tritron » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 am

Yes I did Idownloader oracle java so I have /usr/local/java/bin and I added it to rc.conf. I can type java and it works. I edited subsonic also and added /usr/local/java/bin
tritron

Postby tritron » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 am

How do we play flac files ?
tritron

Postby devr » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:23 pm

And update to the subsonic performance of a Pogo Pink (armv5te) vs a Pogo Pro (armv6l dual core). The pro is a bit slower in performance. Though the dual core does make it more responsive when under load, shame that lame or ffmpeg do not make much use of the 2nd core.

Sorry for the delay in responding, moved to a new apartment.
devr

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

It could be that some sublevel components were compiled to be single threaded, but hey, who knows.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby Aqualung » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:57 am

Dear scatleguy or devr, would any of you care to post a quick tutorial on how to install Subsonic on a Pogoplug please? Gathering all the info by reading the above thread is quite the challenge. Also, are you able to stream .flac files?

Many thanks.
Aqualung

MPD

Postby Aqualung » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I also hear MPD might do the (.flac streaming) trick, hence I will give it a try ASAP. Nevertheless, I (and, most likely, many others) would still appreciate having a Subsonic tutorial written down somewhere for future reference...
Aqualung

PreviousNext

Return to Package Requests