Mochad Daemon

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

Mochad Daemon

Postby radengr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:48 pm

I would like to request "mochad" be added as a package to Archlinuxarm. It is hosted here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mochad/

It is a simple build on a pogoplug (./configure; make; make install) and its only requirement is libusb 1.0.

Quite a few of us use mochad to interface X10 cm15a/cm19a usb controllers with our home automation setups, most in combination with the Micasasverde Vera controller. Right now we all build it from source and it would be very useful to have it as a package.
radengr

Re: Mochad Daemon

Postby WarheadsSE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:25 am

I am actually having a hard time getting it to work on my GFN, which is frustrating. There has been nothing needed change wise, but I have had to alter the source to get it to communicate with my CM19a, and it just continuing to fail. I can easily put a package together, if I see someone is not having issues making it work.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby radengr » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems! X10 is not known for making good hardware; do you think you might have a bad cm19a? The other thing they are known to do is change hardware revisions and the USB interfaces are not well documenting it.

I have been using mochad on two different Pogoplugs (Pink V2s) continuously since early August. I typically use two cm15a controllers but occasionally a cm19a for testing and I haven't had any problems.

I develop a plugin that talks to Mochad for the Vera home controller by Micasaverde and there are several other users on the Micasaverde forums with Pogoplugs that haven't reported any errors.
radengr

Postby kmihelich » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:02 pm

I wrote up a PKGBUILD for it, I can get it into the build system later today.

Also, we don't keep regular tabs on packages that aren't officially a part of Arch that we include for the community. If you could give us a heads-up on version changes, or you can submit a pull request with changes to the PKGBUILD on our github.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby WarheadsSE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

As for mine: IDK, I've had no problems using their software on windows (yay, waste of laptop), and I've been trying to sort out its complete failure & write. I get write failures all the time to the device.
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby radengr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 am

@WarheadsSE, Thank you very much! I'll be more than happy to keep tabs on new releases.

In fact, thank you in general for the work you do on this project. I have four pogoplugs and a dockstar that I use extensively, and I know it is a lot of work keeping this distro going.
radengr

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 am

wrong @ but thanks, we do appreciate the appreciation :ugeek:
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby kmihelich » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:13 am

It's in the repository now.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby radengr » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:46 am

Mochad 0.1.15 is now out. Would it be possible to get this upgraded in the repository?

This version includes a fix for newer cm19a devices. @WarheadsSE, perhaps this would solve your problems with mochad? It sounds like X10 made some minor changes to their hardware which were causing problems.
radengr

Postby kmihelich » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:09 am

Updated.
kmihelich
Developer

Next

Return to Package Requests