Openoffice or libreoffice

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

Openoffice or libreoffice

Postby wayne » Mon May 28, 2012 9:54 am

I've done the obligatory google and searched this forum but all I found was someone saying they'd done a port but no reference as to what repo or where it might be.

So is there an openoffice or libreoffice available for trim slice running arch linux? If yes, would it be possible to have a pointer to the repo or package download please?

Wayne
wayne

Re: Openoffice or libreoffice

Postby pepedog » Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 am

calligra or goffice
Not tried them
pepedog
Developer

Postby wayne » Thu May 31, 2012 7:57 pm

I tried to build apache openoffice 3.5 but it wasn't having it. So I went with Libre Office 3.5 instead, that took 2 overnights to build but it was straightforward and works fine. Here are the build options I used if you want to give it a go:

./autogen.sh --with-num-cpus=1 --with-max-jobs=1 --without-junit --with-system-boost --disable-epm
CFLAGS='-O0 -g0' CXXFLAGS='-O0 -g0' make

I wasn't interested in debug or symbols, I just wanted it built. You'll need about 8.2GB to build it and the installed stuff is ~520MB.

Wayne
wayne

Postby macau » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:20 pm

https://github.com/tmpdo/ac100-binary again. my own unofficial repo with libre xbmc ff and other brebuilt and pkgbuild stuff
macau

Postby wayne » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Yeah Macau, I grabbed that for the FF11 - it just needed libffi5 building for it to run (the repo version is api 6 now).

I just needed the basics covered, the trim slice I bought is for my mother and I didn't realise the ARM distros were still getting off the ground. Still gave me a week or so to play with it before she gets it. So got office covered, mail, browsing and poster making - sorted.

Wayne
wayne

Postby nmset » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:42 am

Just for the record,

Apache Openoffice SVN builds quite straightly, just one tweak to do in the testtools module.

A snapshot build is available at http://vasc.free.fr/aoo/

Cheers !
nmset

Return to Package Requests